Chapter 3

The next day went by very quickly for Rina, and before she knew it, it was lunch time.

"Y-you don't have to go to the c-c-club room today, Ri-Rina?" Suzu asked as she opened her bento.

"Not today, but Masaru should be coming by any time." Rina responded, doing the same.

"Oh? Is he going to steal you away for a secret date?" Yua asked with a coy smile, her bento having already been opened and about half of it's contents eaten.

For some reason the word date bothered Rina more than usual, and she pulled on Yua's nose with her chopsticks.

"You know it's nothing like that." Rina said, ignoring Yua's whines and pleas.

When Rina finally let go of her, Yua rubbed her nose and spoke,

"Jeez, doesn't this Masaru guy have any courage at all? Surrounded by two cute girls, and doesn't do anything to either of them."

"Th-three cute girls..." Suzu corrected, her eyes lighting up as she thought of Fuyuko.

"Even more so, then." Yua said, beginning to shovel more food into her mouth.

"I just don't think Masaru thinks about stuff like that." Rina said, not wanting to admit that she and Masaru once had the conversation before.

Shortly after that, the man himself opened the door and walked inside, spotting Rina and walking over.

"H-Hey, Masaru!" Suzu said with a smile, looking up at him.

"Hey, Suzu." Masaru said, holding out his hand as if he were going to pat her head but stopping when he remembered where they were.

Rina looked up at him with a smirk.

"I almost didn't think you'd come." She said.

"I didn't really have a choice, did I?" Masaru responded with a shrug.

"You really didn't." Rina said, leaning down and reaching into her school bag.

She pulled out a red bento, and handed it to him.

Masaru took the bento and opened it, looking inside. It was identical to Rina's, she had simply made more of what she usually did. Suzu let out an ear piercing squeal.

"Y-y-you made him l-lunch?" She asked, practically drooling.

"He never eats lunch, and it's distracting him." Rina said, crossing her arms.

"It doesn't distract me." Masaru said, narrowing his eyes at Rina, who returned the look.

"B-b-But you made him lunch...that's the kind of th-thing you do when you're a c-c-c-c-c..." Suzu didn't finish the sentence, instead burying her face in her hands and squealing again.

"Why don't you join us for lunch?" Rina asked, looking up at Masaru.

It was then that she noticed that Masaru and Yua were staring at each other, both with neutral expressions. After a second or two, Masaru turned to Rina.

"That's ok. I'm going to take it to the club room." He said, before giving a short wave and walking away.

"I'll see you after school, then." Rina said, her face heating up.

Masaru gave a quick nod as he left the room, and Yua looked over at Rina.

"So...you're making lunch for him now." She said, raising an eyebrow.

Rina frowned, looking down at her food.

"Yes. It's not that big of a deal." She said, taking a bite of some food.