seven

His helpless brown eyes looked out of the window, dark clouds covering the village, forest surrounding the haven he thought was so perfect. He couldn't bare to look at the place his family now considered a home. He threw his head hard against the back of the seat, feeling trapped inside of the carriage. Tears rolled down his cheeks helplessly, eyes pinned shut. He thought so hard, trying to convince himself it was all a dream. It was all a dream. It was all a dream.

It was all a dream.

His head throbbed, eyes tired from crying, mouth filled with the metallic taste of blood. His entire body was too tired, his breathing ragged, his thoughts scattered. He drifted into a dream as he passed out, body falling to the floor of the carriage, his head colliding with the hard metal.

And there his body lay, the boy still alive but dead on the inside as the horse-drawn carriage made its way towards his new home.

Towards his unwanted future wife that he'd have to make an unwanted family with in order to keep his real family happy and safe and alive.

But the part that broke him the most?

That after everything they'd been through- all the risks taken and the sacrifices made, the horrible memories and the amazing ones, the friendships built and the family that had developed- he wasn't even able to say goodbye to it all.

His heart was broken and, for the first time in his life, nobody was there to help him fix it.

He was on his own now.