eight

"I don't like this." Minho said, picking a sword from the large selection on the wall in front of him. The three were by themselves in an underground base, dark stone walls and an eerie blue light lining the entirety of the complex.

"Don't like what, Minho? We can use this to fight away the Queen if she tries to betray us." Jisung joked, swinging a random sword around in his gloved hands, making Changbin laugh.

"I just don't have a good feeling about this." He said, pursing his lips. "My gut is telling me that something bad has happened with one of the other boys."

"I think it's just the shock of it all." Changbin said, patting Minho on the back. "We'll get through this together, yeah?" He held his fist out. Minho gave him a small smile, colliding his fisted hand with Changbin's.

They all grabbed a sword, slipping on protective gear and then making their way out to the courtyard.

"Ah, you three must be the new kids. Welcome. To begin with, I will pair you up with three of our most experienced warriors. They will teach you all you need to know." The boys nodded, the guard then pairing them up with tall, well-built men.

Jisung bowed slightly, but the warrior in front of him did nothing in return. "Hi, I'm Jisung." He said, holding his hand out. The man took it firmly.

"Zeek." He said, taking off his protective mask. He had a chiseled jaw, messy brown hair and green eyes.

"Alright." Jisung exhaled, feeling intimidated by the tall, handsome man. "Where do we start?" Zeek smirked, holding up his sword.

"Show me what you know." He said as he held a steady first position.

"One problem with that." Jisung said bluntly, leaning on his sword, its tip dug into the dirt. "I know nothing."

Zeek sighed and suddenly made a quick move, his sword flying towards Jisung's direction. The young boy grabbed his sword out of the ground, holding the tip of it with his other hand, placing the weapon above his face and blocking his opponents attack.

"It seems like you know something." Zeek smiled, retreating. "You'll learn quickly." He reassured the beginner, causing Jisung to smile too. He quickly began to find enjoyment in attacking and retreating, learning new tips and tricks from the elder.

Maybe this wouldn't be too bad after all.