chapter 5

i'm so so sorry this took so long, pls forgive me. i just haven't had the time to write. i graduate end of may so all the work has been piling up and i've been procrastinating on studying for math.

toni's pov-

cheryl hasn't been responding to any of my texts or answering any of my calls. maybe this was about morgan, or worse, about me. i know i might have trespassed the boundaries in our "relationship." it felt so right, and i could definitely get used to having her around. i decided to text her:

toni: pls text me cher

cher: t, i just want to be alone

cher: what morgan said really hurt my feelings 

toni: okay cher, call me if you need me

toni: see you at school beautiful

i shut off my phone, hoping cheryl would be okay. i look at the clock and it's almost 11 so i decide to get my bag ready for tomorrow and go to sleep. 

the next morning

i look at my phone to see if cheryl texted or called me. no. i look at the time realizing she would probably be at school for her zero period. so i put on a purple tank top, black ripped pants with fishnets underneath, and black boots. i hop on my motorbike and quickly get to school making a beeline for the lounge. i see her there nestled on the love seat looking gorgeous as ever, eyes closed taking a quick nap, hair pulled out of her face tucked behind her ears, wearing the a red long sleeve shirt, a black mini skirt, and white heels.

she stirred awake when i sat down, basically on her lap, waking her up with kisses on her neck. she hummed and wrapped me into a hug, silently whispering a thank you for yesterday, that despite the lack of space between us, i could barely hear her.

"you're welcome. i'm so sorry for that again. it's all my fault that you got dragged into this, you're so much stronger than you'll ever know," i say looking at her with admiration.

she looks up from her previous state, her head in my neck, and giving me the smallest smile. she sits up, releasing the embrace but keeps me on her lap. "be warned, i am going to act a little needy today, so prepare for some yelling in the hallway and some surprise hug attacks."

i blush glad that i slowly am getting to know her better. but that happier mood suddenly changes when morgan walks in the room. i stand up, give an knowing look to cheryl and take morgan by the forearm leading her out of the room. i guide her into the hallway and stop her to talk.

"okay morgan, i know what happened, cheryl obviously told me. i really would appreciate you not emotionally hurting my girlfriend because she's already gone through so much. you moved on, so have i so now we can move on with ourselves," i reach into my back pocket pulling out my switchblade, "c'mon morgan, watch your next step because if i ever catch you giving my girl a hard time i will not hesitant to hurt you, is that clear?"

she nods silently looking down and storms off.

cheryl's pov-

toni has been gone for a while since she started talking to morgan. i started to get worried, so i decided to check on her. the sight i see is her shoving her knife in morgan's face while morgan looks terrified. morgan nods about something while i run back hoping nothing bad happens. i sit back down trying to unsee it. what if she hurt morgan?

it's a few minutes after that toni comes back and she sits herself down next to me. i see in my periphery vision that she's staring right at me. i try not to meet her gaze but it doesn't work out because she uses her index finger to push my head so i am forced to look at her. we lock eyes and i know she sees my eyes watery so i shove her hand off my chin and storm out of the lounge. i run into the girls bathroom to see morgan by the mirror. cleaning up a cut on her cheekbone. she looks at me and says "i'm guessing you know who this is from." i nod my head and she yanks my arm towards her, "just so you know, toni's only using you to have people like her. that's why she only hangs out with you in public places. you know, i would have thought that since you're miss 4.0 you would have caught on quicker. you're not safe around toni, hell, look what she did to me. i'm just warning you of what may happen." and with that she walks out. 

i look around me and it all seems to fog up. i realize that what she said is true, toni is dangerous. i decide since my absent slips are piling up, i have to go to class. that i share with toni. i walk into ap euro and sit down in my seat which in my favor is on the complete opposite side of the class from toni. i here toni and her friends walk in and i feel her eyes burning into the side of my face so i decide to just lay down with my head in my arms. i can feel my throat burning and my eyes fill with tears with the idea of toni not even caring. and how already not even a month into this "relationship" i feel empty without her not being by me. i'm ahead in all my classes so why am i even here today? this week was absolute shit and i can't the feeling of me not even breathing properly so i asked to be excused today. i turn in the homework that i did in advance that would be turned in at the end of class and walk straight to the parking lot and drive home. 

you're not good enough. lose some weight cheryl. you're a loveless skank and you are trashing the blossom name. 

i change into a black hoodie and grey sweatpants and just sleep. not sure for how long but however much time it takes to make the pain go away.

sorry if this chapter sucked ass, i'm so tired of my school where the teachers are mean and your "friends" spread lies. that's no excuse but thank you for the ones still reading

have an amazing day/night! ALSO I'M GONNA MISS RIVERDALE EVEN THOUGH IT'S TRASH. THE FINALE WAS SO GOOD OML