12 Rien de rien 1: le chateau

Techno had a hard time keeping his head in the practise game. They had won the inter school football tournament a week earlier, and the team's elation had exploded when Saint-Antoine-Sur-Loire, a small French town twinned with Bangkok, had invited their team to participate in a friendship football tournament in their town. They were going to France for a week!

Everybody in the team was buzzing with excitement, except for Techno. His eyes flicked to the bleachers again and found Kengkla, and the sight of him made his legs falter. Kengkla had made all the right noises and said all the right words, knowing that this invitation was to a large part thanks to Techno's success as a team captain, but Techno knew Kengkla was feeling vulnerable about the week they would spend apart. It would mean that Techno would be in France with his team mates, and at the mercy of sexy French girls who would no doubt flock to watch the game.

No matter how many times Techno reassured Kengkla that he wasn't interested in any girls, or other guys either, Kengkla couldn't help his jealousy and insecurity raising their ugly heads. Techno was just so sexy, and he didn't see it himself. So Kengkla couldn't help but get glummer as the departure day crept closer.

"Techno, come here," the coach ordered Techno after the game. Techno went with a hung head. He knew he hadn't played his best game, but they had managed a meagre victory regardless.

"What's going on? You play better than this usually."

Techno hesitated. He had been nervous around the coach since he had caught them having sex in the showers in the changing rooms at the football field a few weeks earlier. "It's my boyfriend, sir. He's... not happy I'm going to France. He's supportive, but..."

The coach flicked his eyes to Kengkla, now busy with handing over drinks and snacks to the team, slapping their backs with a tense smile. "I see. But you can't let that interfere with your game."

"No sir, I will do my best, sir."

The coach nodded to him and Techno joined the others, pausing to give a chaste kiss to Kengkla which made his carefully supportive smile to break into a genuine happy one. Feeling a little better, Techno headed to the showers with the others, leaving Kengkla to round up their gear.

A few days later, Techno got home, and slammed the door shut behind him, yelling Kengkla's name.

"What?" Kengkla said, coming out of the bathroom.

Techno grabbed him in his arms and swung him around. "You're coming to France with us!"

"I... what?!" Kengkla couldn't believe what he heard.

"We had someone for logistical support, but they had to cancel. So I asked the coach if we could bring you instead."

"You did that? You want me to come with you?" Kengkla's eyes shone, and he grabbed Techno's face in his two hands.

"Of course! And the coach said yes! So if you can arrange it with your parents and school, you can come with us!" Techno glowed, knowing what it meant for Kengkla, and, if he was honest with himself, to him as well. He had grown used to Kengkla showering him with love and sex, and he would have missed him terribly for that week, especially knowing Kengkla would have been home, miserable.

"I'm going to France, with you, for a week?" Kengkla repeated, still barely daring to believe it was true. "What about the coach? He knows me, he knows I'm your boyfriend."

"That's what made him accept. He said I wouldn't have my head in the game if you weren't there. And that I play better when you're watching the game. It's true," Techno confessed, and blushed.

Kengkla simply shone.

"He gave this consent form you have to get signed by your parents, and by your high school. The flights are booked, but they can change the booking to your name. And you'll share a room with me."