Chapter 1

Disclaimer: There is child abuse in this book so if you can't read about that please click away. F.Y.I.  I do not support child abuse or abuse of any kind.

Rei's P.O.V

My throat is so dry, it hurts to breathe, actually, everything hurts and I think I re-opened a couple of wounds on my back from a few minutes ago when that man came and hit me with some weird cord thing. I haven't eaten, drank, or even seen the light of day for a couple of weeks now. I wonder where mom and dad went? How come they never came home?

Phoenix's P.O.V

I open the door slowly to see the small silhouette of a child sitting in the middle of the room. I enter the room and start making my way over to the child when I'm about a foot away from them they turn to me. I hear them say something but their voice is so quiet, and raspy that I couldn't hear what they had said.

" Hello? Are you alright?" I ask them but I don't receive a response. I finish walking to them and I sit down next to them.

"Wave your left hand if you're a boy," I instruct them and he waves his left hand.

"What your name?" I ask

"R," he starts

"R," I repeat

" e,"

" e," I repeat

" i,"

" 'R-e-i' So your name is Rei?"I ask, and he nods his head, then I hear someone make a grunt behind me then the lights turns on. The boy's eyes take a second to adjust and then when they do he screams and curls into a ball in front of me. I get up and turn around seeing my very angry uncle standing there glaring at me

" What are you doing in here?" He asks I don't respond instead I stand protectively in front of Rei, blocking my uncle's view of him.

" What have you been doing to Rei?" I ask

" What are you doing in here Phoenix?" He asks again

" Earlier I heard screams coming from this room when I was passing it," I explain

" Yes, those would have come from that boy tugging on your dress," He tells me pointing to the Rei, I hadn't even noticed that he moved or felt when he started tugging on my dress.

Did you think you were reading the first chapter? Well sorry to disappoint but that was just the prologue keep reading to see the actual chapter 1. Comment, vote, whatever your choice. P.S. Sorry I know it was probably the crappiest thing you've ever read, and I am well aware that I'm not the greatest writer, but at least I'm trying.