My Pretend Girlfriend Chapter 1 - Do you want to be my pretend girlfriend?

Chapter 1

Venus laughed threw a handful of popcorn at Mars. He growled, smothering her with a cushion.

"Oh my god Mars, cut it out already!" laughed Venus between tears.

They rolled on the sofa playfully and erupted in laughters. It was raining heavily outside and Venus and Mars were both sitting in the middle of the living room watching a film. A cold shiver shook through Venus and she tightened her hold around her hot chocolate, turning to sneak at peek at her elder brother. He was sitting beside her, busy popping marshmallows into his mouth to notice her.

At seventeen years old, Mars was a year older than Venus and a popular student at Barrington High, where they both attended school. With a head of charcoal-black hair, a pair of twinkly, light brown eyes and a cheeky Cheshire smile, there was no doubt he was a head-turner. Coupled with the handsome face was a long, lean body to boost, he was constantly surrounded by girls.

Venus, not losing out to her brother, was also a beauty. It was easy to recognize the two of them as siblings among a crowd as they shared the same black hair and light brown eyes. Venus' had sharp features that intrigued people to stare and wonder about her. This enchanting face was framed with waves of long, jet-black hair falling to her hips, the same shade of black as Mars'. She had a thin, slender body that had girls in the same room shaking with envy.

However, Venus seemed to be embarrassed by the attention from the boys in her school, that throughout the years she had constantly rejected requests from suitors and invitations to join the in-crowd. She preferred spending time with her best friends, rather than being part of a noisy crowd like her brother. Mars and Venus's similar physical traits had already made known to the school that they were blood-related. Mars adored his little sister very much and didn't matter to him who she was seen with in school.

Venus' train of thoughts were broken when Mars' head lolled to a side and a piece of marshmallow dropped from between his fingers onto the carpet. There was an eerie silence before a gentle snoring erupted. Venus chuckled and drew the blanket higher up Mars' chest.

Seconds later, the doorbell rang. Venus jolted and Mars fell off the sofa, his hair a shriveled mess.

"Which idiot disturbed my sleep?" he mumbled. He got up and dragged his feet to the door. Venus knew too well from the familiar moody look on his face that he was going to send the poor fella behind the door to hell.

Mars slammed open the door and stood fixated for a moment, before tugging in a wet figure into the house. Venus' eyes widened as the figure before her lowered his hood and smiled at her.

The smile she had came to know so well.

Chase, a part of Barrington High's elite group and Mars's best friend, stood at the doorstep and took a deep breath.

Chase had the most good-looking features she had ever seen, with deep set chocolate eyes that seemed to drown Venus in an endless abyss. The detailed cheekbones and and soft lips that curved into a sinful lopsided smile, piercing through her heart.

Venus had a crush on Chase ever since the day Mars brought him home and introduced him to the family. His gentle and affectionate ways had her thinking of him everyday.

"Hey," he chuckled.

"Hi." Venus lifted her hand in a small waving gesture and smiled back.

Mars threw a towel over to Chase. His tall, sleek body bent as he leaned forward and caught it. Venus noticed his broad shoulders quiver from the cold.

"Thanks a lot bro," smiled Chase, as he sat down opposite Venus and started drying his hair. He took Mars' hot chocolate without permission and sipped it to his mouth.