My Pretend Girlfriend Chapter 4 - Accidental Slip At The Swimming Pool

Dawn arrived quick. It was a public holiday today. Venus, Jacklyn and Shosanne were at the swimming pool. The trio had just came out of the female changing room, freshly decked in their swimming costumes. Both Shosanne and Jacklyn were wearing matching pink bikinis, while Venus was wearing a black one piece.

"Seriously! V!" complained Jacklyn in exasperation. "We ought to get you a bikini asap!"

Venus rolled her eyes. "That, is the hundredth time you are telling me that. And my answer remains the same. No! I'm not bearing anymore skin!"

But still, it was apparent that Venus had a slim, fit body. And it had caught somebody's eyes.

"Venus and co.! Hey! Over here, yo!"

All three heads turned around to see Mars and his gang opposite the pool. Mars in surf pants, waving a beach ball in his hands. Venus' eyes instinctively searched for Chase inside the group. And found a pair of smiling, light-brown ones staring into her own.

"Hey sis," said Mars, walking towards them. Chase followed. Like her brother, he was also wearing surf pants. Mars, Chase and their gang all sported fit, muscled bodies gotten from hours of training in the swim team. The sunlight shone on Chase's tanned body, reflecting the muscles and veins running down his long arms, and the obvious six packs. Venus felt her stomach tensing.

"What a coincidence. Hey... Jacklyn and Shosanne right?" Mars flashed a toothy grin at Jacklyn and Shosanne. The two of them blushed a deep shade of red and lowered their eyes shyly.

Venus went forward. "Hey bro. Are you stalking me?"

"Excuse me!" he said with a laugh. "I'm psychic. Don't over-think." he turned to Jacklyn and Shosanne. "You girls care to join my guys and I at a game of ball?" He winked at them flirtatiously, causing them both to sigh at the same time. Venus rolled her eyes.

"Yes, do join us. The more the merrier." Chase spoke.

Venus' heart jumped. "I guess... That's a yes then." Jacklyn and Shosanne threw Venus a thankful look.

Venus saw the other guys staring at her and felt uncomfortable. She tried to cover herself. Chase seemed to notice too, and he reached for her hand and dove into the pool, pulling her with him. For seconds, Venus was in the air before her body hit cold water and was submerged. Then she paddled up and found Chase waddling beside her looking hyped, water dripping from his hair.

Chase hollered, "Hey guys, you all look retarded standing in the hot sun. Quit talking and get into the pool already! Show off some swim skills you dudes!"

"Oh yeah baby, yahoo!" yelled the guys as they all ran and dove headfirst into the pool, oblivious to the whistles from the lifeguard. Even Jacklyn and Shosanne joined in the fun and soon, all of them started splashing playfully at each other. Then Mars shouted out instructions and all of them were split into two teams. Venus was in Mars' team, while Chase was in the opposite.

Venus turned to Chase. "Thank you. For just now. When your friends were staring..." she said.

"No problem," then he smirked. "At least an idiot can rescue you."

Venus got reminded and last night's conversation and spontaneously, her face heated up with embarrassment. "You jerk! I'm so going to kick your ass in this game."

"Bring it on," said Chase teasingly.

The game started and soon the beach ball was bouncing off everybody's hands. Although Chase, Mars and the guys were swimmers, Venus and the girls were not losing out. As they were in the beach volleyball team, the guys' experience in the water and girls' experience in ball handling made them equal.