Chapter 1

I pick up my bag as I walk out the door for school. Today is my first day at this new school called: faction high. I get in the car and wait for my mom. I have been looking at faction highs website and I have even read some reviews. They all seemed okay. My mom gets in the car and starts it. Before I know it, my mom pulls into the high school and drops me off. I go to the office and get my schedule. The bell rings before I can even look where my first class is. I'm standing in the middle of the hallway and everybody is going around me. I'm lost in a sea of high schoolers. I manage to get myself out of there and ask for directions to my first class. I make it there but not on time. Everybody stares at me as I walk in. I'm the only abnegation in my whole class. Great😒. My teacher introduces me to the class and shows me my seat. I sit next to this girl who has short black hair and a guy who has short brown hair. I look at her paper and I see her name: Christina. We get a worksheet and then get started on it. I feel that Christina is looking at me as I'm working. "Can you help me?" She says. "Sure" I say. I explain it to her and we somehow start talking about ourselves. She tells me about herself and I do the same. I keep looking at the kid next to her. He hasn't said a word to me. "Does he talk" I whisper to her. "Ya but not much" she says. The bell rings and Christina shows me to her next class. That boy is in the same class as me again. My teacher tells me to sit next to him. She gives us a project and says its due next month. He cracks a joke and I laugh a little. Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all.