Chapter 3

I wake up in my bed with an ice pack pressed to my head. "What happened?" I say. "You passed out by not taking your medicine" my brother says. His name is Caleb yet I don't see how we are related. I'm not smart like he is and I don't make friends as easily as he does. That must of been why Rudy was barking at me. I look at my clock and get ready for bed. I have school tomorrow but at least it's Friday. When I lay in bed Rudy jumps up next to me. " do you think he likes me?" I ask him. "Why do boys have to be so complicated?" I fall asleep with that thought in my head.

------

I wake to the sound of my blaring alarm clock. I put on high waist shorts and a crop top. Today is the day we get tagged in school. They put a tag on our bags and it says what faction we are. I'm divergent so I am going to get teased all the time😒. People always make fun of divergents because we don't fit in. I wonder what that cute guy is.

----

As I walk to class I see the tag line. I'm up next. I say my name and they give me the tag and it sticks out very clearly. The divergent tag is neon green. Just for everyone to see. As I walk to class everyone says: it's a divergent AKA outsider! I finally get to class. I start with gym. I get dressed then go outside. I go by my friend Christina. "See that boy over there?" She says "Ya" I say. "That's my boyfriend" she says. "See the guy next to him?" I say "Ya" she says. "That's the guy I've been talking about". We have to play dodgeball in gym and I get put on that guys team. He sees me dodge a ball and says: "nice moves" ."thanks" I say. "I'm tobias" "Tris". He gets out right after I do. I got out by this kid named Peter. He is such a jerk. When he got me out he laughed and said: "outsider". I saw tobias say something to him but I couldn't tell what it was. They're probably friends. Great😩. I was sitting on the bench and he came and sat next to me. "Hey" he says. "Hi" I say. "You friends with that kid?" I add. "Peter? Never in a million years". "Then why were you talking to him?" "Cuz he called you an outsider." In my head I am thinking: did he stand up for me? All I can say is "oh". "I was wondering if you want to do homework after school today. If you want. I didn't know if you had plans". Omg I can't believe what I'm hearing. I scream like a little girl in my head. "I'd love to". "What's your number?" He says. Now he's asking for my number? This day can't get any better. I give him my number and he gives me his. I walk off towards Chris and tell her about everything that just happened. "What's his name?" She asks. "Tobias" I say. I see her facial expression. It's not good. "What's that look for?" "Tris, I know him and he's not a good guy. He never talks and he is just really odd. I only know him cuz of my boyfriend". "Well then me and him will be good friends" then I walk off. I text him throughout the day and he responds. When I get home I see my brother standing with a dog leash in his hand. "What's that for?" I ask. "I was gonna walk that thing u call a dog". "He's more then a dog, he's my best friend and if you lay a finger on him I will kill you, now where is he". I walk off to my room and see him laying there on my bed. I take him for a walk and talk to him about Tobias. When I get back my brother has friends over and they are messing around. I go in my room and see that everything is messed up. "What did you do to my room?" I shout. "A bit of modeling" he shouts I hate my brother. I've always have. He has always picked on me or found a way to annoy me. I've always threatened of leaving but for some reason I don't. I have a bag under my bed stuffed with everything that I would need. Tobias texts me. I tell him about my annoying brother and what he did. I was shocked at his reaction.

---Tobias POV---

I can't believe at what her brother did to her room. "I wanna go over there and give him a piece of my mind." I say "dude calm dow" will says. "I've never felt this way about any other girl before." "Dude calm down." "I don't think I just like her, I think I'm in love with her".