Chapter 13

Tobias POV
I wake up to my phone with 13 text messages from Britney. I respond: "what?" Then she types back "let's hang after school" "okay". I get dressed and leave for school. When I get there I meet up with the crew. We talk for a little bit and the bell rings. The day goes by fast until it's lunch time. I get out my phone to text tris but Britney stops me. "Let's eat lunch together" she says. "Oh I was gonna go see my girlfriend"I say "oh come on. Eat with me instead" "okay. I guess I can see her some other day".
Tris POV
Tobias is supposed to be coming any minute now. I text him: "are you coming?" Then he replies "eating with Britney. Maybe Sunday?" "What happened to our plans on Saturday?" "Oh me and Britney are hanging out" "oh okay. Sunday's good". Why is he ditching me for her? I don't like this girl. Not one bit.
SUNDAY MORNING
Tris POV
I wake up and text tobias. "Hey ready to hang out?" Then he replies: "ya can't wait. And sorry that I have been blowing you off lately. Brittney doesn't have any friends so I feel bad for her. But I promise to start spending more time with you". Yay. Everything is perfect now. I look at the clock. It's 11 and he is supposed to be here for 11:15 so he should be here soon.
Tobias POV
I get in my car to go visit. I'm driving and all of a sudden I look to the right. I see bright lights coming towards me. Then everything goes black.
Tris POV
It's 11:30 and he still isn't here. I decide to go look outside for him. He isn't in the parking lot. Then I look towards the entrance of the hospital and a little farther down the street I see a bunch of cop cars and an ambulance. My heart sinks. But tobias is a good driver so it's probably not him. I walk toward the car accident and one of the cars in it is a truck. Tobias truck. I run to a police officer. "Excuse me, where's the man who was in the truck?" I say. "Oh he was transported to saint Mary's hospital" he says. I don't have a car. How am I gonna get there. Then I think. Erin. She might have a car. I run back to the hospital and to her room. "Erin do you have a car?" I say "ya why?" She says. "Tobias my boyfriend was in a car accident and I need to see him at saint Mary's." "Let's go" then we walk to her car.
---
When we arrive at the hospital I ask for tobias. Before the lady can even answer me at the front desk a bunch of paramedics come rushing in. "We need to get him into surgery now! He's loosing a lot of blood!" I turn around and look at them. Then I look at the person they are talking about. At that moment, my worst fears start to come true. I see my boyfriend being pulled away from me on a stretcher covered in blood. I try to run after him but a nurse stops me. "You can't go in there. You'll have to wait in the waiting room" she says. And at that moment I just broke down into tears. Then Erin comes to my comfort and gives me a hug. But I really wish it was tobias hugging me. What is going to happen to him? What is going to happen to us?