02

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. SHit. SHIt. SHIT!

I quickly got out of the car and ran towards the pile of sn- the wolf. Not pile of snow. Wolf.

Shoot! What if it's still conscious though?

I stopped just a few steps away from the wolf.

And it attacks me for crashing into him. What if he tears me into piECeS?

I took a few steps back.

I took a good look at it and noticed several wounds on its neck and abdomen. From the looks of it, definitely stab wounds. With all the blood loss, it must be unconscious at least. 

Not taking any chances, I looked around for a long tool I could use. 

Random long branches on the ground, where are you when I need you? AHA! Selfie stick! Courtney's selfie stick!

I ran back towards my car and took the selfie stick Courtney left the other day. Before closing the door, I caught sight of the grocery bag.

Pads. I need pads.

And chocolate.

To... calm my nerves. Yes.

Taking those out, I quickly ran back to the wolf.

Poking it gently with the selfie stick, it made no response. Maybe he couldn't feel it. Maybe I poked his fats?

Wait, he? My, my. Please excuse my sexist self.

I raised its leg with the stick and peaked underneath. Yep, it's a him. Definitely a him.

Dropping its leg back down, I froze when I accidentally did it not so carefully.

Few seconds passed and the wolf still made no movements whatsoever. Phew.

Wait. No. Not phew! What if it's dead?

Panicking, I reached for the chocolate in my back pocket and took a bite of it, completely ignoring the fact that I didn't eat it within the lines like a normal human being should do. Ok calm yourself Emma, it might just be unconscious. I placed my fingers on his neck to check for a pulse when suddenly it purred.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Losing my balance, I fell back.

The wolf slowly opened its eyes. They were only half opened, but I could already make out its intense dark brown eyes. Several moments passed by with just us staring at each other.

"O...kay... easy there. I'm not going to hurt you," I paused realizing what I said, 

"well... not anymore at least."

The wolf started to shift its body, trying its best to stand up. Panic started to fill me.