03

Panic fills me once again as I quickly rushed back up the stairs.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

You know how they have those chasing scenes in almost every thriller movie, where the person being chased falls down like 99.9% of the time? They trip on something, falls down, and then looks pathetically back at the chaser. Well I used to always laugh watching it, thinking how cliché and dramatic it was. I now regret it though, because what happened next was as predictable as those movies.

As I turned around to run, I tripped on a stair and came crashing down. Then, ugh man I still can't believe I did this, but I turned around to look at my chaser. My eyes filled with fear. Ugh, pathetic. Just like the movies.

However, unlike those poor ill-fated beings who ended up getting captured, killed, or torn to tiny pieces, my fate was not as tragic. Because as I turned to look at my predator, I was greeted with a rather cute wolf sitting down, its head resting on the stairs below my feet. Huh?

We stayed like that for several minutes. Neither of us moving. Then, hesitantly I raised my hand out and stroked its head. It closed its eyes, its head leaning into my hand.

Aww, you're a soft one aren't you? A small smile formed in my face, which soon faltered as a thought crossed my mind. He doesn't know I knocked him out with my car does he? I looked back down at the wolf who was still finding joy in the magical things stroking its fur, or as I like to call as, my hands.

Yeah, nope. Definitely clueless.

Just then, my stomach began to growl. Things had been so hectic and intense this past 24 hours that I had totally forgotten all about food.

"Alright, wolf. I'm going out to get both of us some food. So stay here," I said as I stood up.

The wolf got up on its feet as well.

"No. S t a y. H e r e." I repeated myself slowly as I pushed its body back down.

Surprisingly, it listened and stayed still. Smiling to myself, I mumbled a 'good boy' as I pat its head and walked back out the door.

Luckily, when I went back to the kitchen, Linda was already long gone. The roach too. God bless that woman for dealing with that satanic creature. What a hero.

Opening the fridge, I raked my eyes thoroughly on the goods inside. You know what time it is Emma? It's time for some hammich.

Grabbing the necessary ingredients, I paused. Do wolves eat sandwiches too? Do they even eat anything besides dead animals?

After much contemplation, I decided to just play it safe. Opening the freezer, I grabbed several packs of meat.

As I walked back towards the kitchen island, I paused. Do wolves eat it raw or cooked? Should I just cook it?

After much contemplation, I decided to just play it safe and prepare both. Wait, should I season it too?

I stood there longer, thinking hard. Hmm... that's a tough one.

After much contemplation along with a great amount of brain power, I decided to just play it safe and seasoned half of it. Nice Emma, nice. You're doing such a great job. One might even mistake you as a professional wolf care-taker. Good job.

It didn't take long until I finished preparing everything. Walking back towards the basement, I noticed how quiet it was. Not that it was usually loud, but nana's usually out in the living room watching Kdramas during this time of the day.