Chapter Four- Unexpectations

Alfie's POV:

It's 8am. I agreed to meet Amelie at ten, but I'm already dressed, unlike usual. I told Zoe that I actually had an interview for an American magazine, which she believed.

"I love you." She said in a cute voice, wrapping her arms around my neck. Only then did I feel like I did when I met her; it only lasted a second and the kiss I gave back to her was given with no emotion. Part of me felt bad, but then I realised that I needed to be happy. I hated to be the dumper but after I meet Amelie I'm worried that I would have to accept that fate.

The time soon rolls round to ten and I avoid Zoe's kiss as I shout bye and slam the door. I practically run to my car, excited to meet Amelie, the girl who I have been dreaming about for months.

Within ten minutes, I am at the station. I re-read a text she sent me earlier:

I'm wearing blue skinnies and a pink blouse

In reply to what I said to her

What you wearing? I've got my shorts on.

I look desperately around for ten minutes for her, walking all the way around the station, until slumping down back in the drivers seat and accepting the fact that she had blown me out.

Amelie's POV-

I look at the time and immediately panic. I'd been stuck in traffic no one had warned about for half an hour, and I felt really bad. As soon as it came to a standstill, at 10:20, I messaged Alfie:

Sorry stuck in traffic :(

And he replied

Okay, no worries love. X

I let out a sigh of relief as I realised he didn't mind. It was relaxing to know that I wouldn't have been turning up and he had left. The traffic started moving and within ten minutes I was clutching my bag, running through crowds and dodging taxis. I saw Alfie waiting by a post, leaning against it, checking his Twitter, all calm and collected- unlike me at that moment. He looked up and smiled, opening his arms to welcome me into a hug despite the fact we had just met. I wasn't normally one to run into practically strangers arms, but I needed it. I was stressed and red in the face and I needed to relax.

"Hey, beautiful," Alfie smiled down at me.

"Hi." I breathed. I looked into his eyes and they were sparkling, ocean blue. Irresistable. I buried myself further into his chest, until he tapped me on the head, and said: "Should we get going?"

"Yeah." I replied. I was embarrassed because I felt like I had seemed over enthusiastic. He was cute, hot, everything I needed...but taken by the beautiful Zoe. They were perfect for eachother, and I was glad they had met. It felt awkward intefering with the relationship, when they seemed so happy together online, yet Alfie seemed so pleased to see me...weird.

He led me to his car and I slid into the front seat as he revved the engine. In unison, we clicked in our seatbelts, and for once I felt relaxed.

Although, I still couldn't abide the awkwardness as he pulled out of the station.

"So..," I started, trying to break the silence. "How's it with Zoe?"

"Zoe?" he smiled weakly. "Oh, don't worry about her."

Weird. They were a couple, Zalfie, yet he changed the subject eagerly. I guessed he didn't want to talk about her in fear of being rude....surely that was why?
"You're lucky. She's incredibly gorgeous."
Alfie shrugged and turned left. "I've seen prettier."
Hold up. He did not just say that. Boys are supposed to view their girlfriends as the best, the most beautiful person. Or so I thought, had it all changed since my last relationship?
"Ha," I snort. "I don't believe that for one second. Zoe is beautiful, no one can top her."
"You can."
We sit in silence for a moment. He pulls the car over into a lay-by. The place we're in is practically empty, apart from a few homeless people scattered beneath the abandoned shops.
"Wha-what are you doing?" I stammered.
He unbuckled his seatbelt, leaning over to me.
"I have something to tell you..."
***************
A/N
CLIFFHANGER! I just rediscovered this story after a couple of you added it to your reading lists. Thanks guys! I hope you like this, comment what you think could happen next!
Maybeee could you vote if you likeeee this? You don't have tooooo
Ilyasm! -chocoskittle