23 | number one fan

LOVELY
part twenty three  ꙳

— LOVELYpart twenty three  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

josie laid flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling that had been decorated with stars by the hotel assistants. it was oddly calming but it didn't help with the lack of sleep she had gotten. unlike her friends that had were on the trip with her, jet lagged was a problem she always had trouble over coming.

the time was about five in the morning and everyone else in the room was completely past out. charlie snored obnoxiously loud and liv was hanging off the bed with her leg kicked over josie's.

with a soft sigh, she climbed out of the bed. it took for a few minutes but eventually the blonde snuck out successfully out of the room. josie crept down the stairs of their little house for the week and snuck into the kitchen.

she flicked the lights on she grinned and rubbed her hands when she noticed the package of oreos, they had gotten somewhere along the drive from the airport, still had a good amount inside.

she plugged her headphones in and danced around the kitchen room soundly, trying to keep her shuffling quiet as she continued to stuff the cookies into her mouth. they had their first day of snowboarding about four hours away and she dancing away, completely awake.

and of course josie didn't see or feel the presence of someone behind her until she spun around and came face to face with tom, letting out an embarrassingly loud scream. she covered her mouth and jerked away, kneeling down, josie pulled her headphones and caught the sound of him laughing.

"you dick." josie groaned, holding her chest as tom continued to snicker. "you scared the crap out of me!"

tom caught her hand as she reached out to hit him and grinned widely when she pulled away and pouted. josie allowed him to help her up and glared at the back of his head as he gestured her to follow him out side to the front porch. she did but instantly regretted it when the cool breeze hit her.

before following him all the way out, josie yanked the fluffy blanket off the large couch and wrapped it around her shoulders before she went over to where he down sat at the edge of the deck, his head leaning against the wooden support beams.

"hey." he greeted, quietly as she joined him.

"hi." she smiled, wrapping half the blanket around his shoulders. "i'm glad we're here."

"yeah, me too. it feels good to just be here, with my best friends, you."

josie smiled and put her head on his shoulder, surprising them both. the sun had just started to peak out from behind the clouds as they sat in silence, just enjoying the other's company.