chapter 1: the new house

y/n = your name
y/b/f = your best friend

i rolled out of bed, the sun was shining in my small town house in texas. i yawned and looked around the room on the verge of crying because of moving. this house has been my house since i was 2 and now i'm 14 turning 15 in june, it was april 18th. i ran downstairs to the sound of the doorbell, and the ring of my phone
*y/b/f- hey i'm here, i wanted to say goodbye before you move to north carolina🥺
*y/n- ok i'm coming down now be there in two
*y/b/f- ok

i swing the door open and open my arms out motioning her to give me a hug. we sit in the doorway hugging for a good minute or so. my mom comes to the door from inside and says
"come on, you're letting the bugs in. please at least shut the screen door, i mean we don't live on a farm!"
"jesus you don't got to be that rude about it" i say complaining.
me and y/b/f go up stairs and sit on my bed thinking about our old memories and how we met and all the memories since then.
finally my mom yelled up the stairs "y/n! we have to go! dad will get all this other stuff and he will be here for the week. and before you say anything NO you can't stay here with dad all week you are coming to unpack at the new house with me!"
"ughhh fine! we'll be down in a sec."
we slowly went down the stairs, hugged, and since she lived right across the street, she watched as our family Chevy truck drive down our dirt drive. a tear escaped my eye, so i looked away.
————later————
we showed up at our new north carolina house. of course i wasn't awake but my mom sure woke me up. "oh y/n!!! we're here!!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.
"Ahhhh i'm up i'm up!" i mumbled, loud enough for her to hear over the radio.
i hopped out of the truck and looked over at the house next to our new house. there was a boy and a girl sitting on their front porch on their phones. the girl looked 17 or 18, and the boy looked like he was 15. the boy looked up and we locked eyes for a couple seconds until he got up in a hurry and ran in his house. soon the girl got up and turned around, looked at me, and ran in their house behind the boy. i was curious to why. soon, his mom walked out the door while i was getting more boxes to put in the house. their mom started talking to me and said "hey! i'm guessing you're our new neighbor! awww you're adorable!"
"thank you miss"
"call me Joanne, and this is Faith, she's 18, and that's Payton, he's 15."
"nice to meet you guys! i'm y/n!"
"pretty name" payton interrupts.
"thank you," i say, my lips curling into a smile, i started to blush.
"well it was nice meeting you y/n we'll see you later!" joanne says
"ok see you later guys" i say waving to the three.
i turned back around to the truck to get my stuff from the back and i felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned around, heart beating a million miles an hour. i was surprised to see it was...