Chapter Two

"Wait. Wait. You're Meghan Lukas? I must be dreaming." She said melodramatically. "You have a problem?" I ask, anger rising. "No, just didn't think she'd be a teenager. Let alone hot as Hell." Wait,what? If anything my broad state was athletic, but hot? That's more of the loyalists. If anything, she was hot. I mean, skinny, short and the face of a super model in a 14 year old body.

"No, that's not exactly what people seem to notice." I mumble under my breath."Hmm? What was that?" She smirks and chuckles. Gabby was...eclectic. "Um... I'm not that hot, I mean, my friend Adrian will not stop talking about this girl..." I say quietly. My face feels warm. The smirk leaves her face and she turns redder than I had. "We have to keep moving." Suddenly, the smirk returns and I can't help but smile as well. "Let's go! Race you to camp!" She bursts into a run, her plaid over shirt whipping in the wind, and I scramble to get up. "You don't even know where it is!!!" "Never said it was your camp!" Gabby yells. Ooo she's going down.

Her camp was gigantic! Each tent (there was more than just her!!!!) was about 5 feet apart and there was the smell of food in the air. Gabby smiles beside me. A man who seems to be a guard approaches us, "Identify." He commands me. "Meghan Lukas." Gabby says deadpan. The guards face was not one to be proud of. "You must be joking, Gabriella." The guard seems to have a connection with Gabby, his face looking not much older than me, giving me the impression they knew each other outside of his job. "Dude, just let her through, you're my brother, come on, trust me!" Well, answers my question. For a second I think she reads my mind, but that's insane. Is it? "I can, yes,Meghan." What the f- "Language!" She hits the back of my head like my father used to, like he didn't mean to punish me at all. "Hey!" Eventually, he let us pass, after explaining how she read my mind. "I still don't get it." I flung myself on the cot they provided for me, I shared a tent with Gabby. "It's a blessing, and a curse; sometimes, there's a reason people don't share what they think, Miss Lukas." What's her last name? It seems like she was trying to hide it, I mean, is that what normal people do? "Parks, and yes. Normal people hide their last names." Wait... What? "Parks as in... Gabby Parks? Was that, Adrian Parks?!?" She almost laughs "Why? Just cause he 'adventures' with one girl, they all want him now?" How can she not realize, he was my best friend! How could he not remember me?!? "You kinda changed... Your picture in the CEA is much uglier. You got cute in two weeks." I look at Gabby, almost glaring, until I realize that wasn't her voice. It was his. "Adrian!" I run to him and he grabs me and hugs me. I see the resemblance now, his pale skin and hazel eyes reflected on her. Her smirk was one of the few things they did not share. "Miss me?" He asks, sarcastically. "Psh, Adrian why can't I have just one~?" I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm no one's property, I'm myself." I pull away from Adrian. Gabby's arm puts weight on my shoulder, and my face gets warm. I was supposed to focus on surviving the next month, but all my thoughts went back to Adrian and Gabby, and how they could help me (in more ways than just surviving). Adrian certainly didn't seem surprised when I bunked with Gabby instead of him. Adrian had been close to me for almost two years. How long did Adrian know his sister was here? And why wouldn't he tell me? "Shall we? It's almost time for dinner." Adrian offers me an arm and I take it, wrapping my frail yet trained arm in his strong, pale one.