ii.

- CHAPTER ONE -

- CHAPTER ONE -

EARTH'S HEROES

⌿⍀

"Next time follow the fucking plan!" Sasha growls giving the slander Capricorn beside him a violent nudge to the arm.

"Well, how about next time make a decent plan?" Caden grunts back, ignoring the push from his team captain and striding away, the growl of his stomach a bigger concern to him than the weak pain in his arm.

"Well, how about next time listen to instructions!" Sasha mimics his cadence, adding a high pitched tone to irritate the pink-haired boy even more. It works like magic as Sasha sees Caden's eyebrow twitch, one of his most prominent tendencies whenever annoyed.

"How about you get off my dick, yeah? We completed the mission didn't we?" Caden smothers, turning around to face the smirk on Sasha's pale face. The smirk stretches a little wider and it's enough for Caden to push his leader back, a light nudge of course, but still effective.

If it wasn't clear enough, Caden and Sasha did not get along. Teamwork was seemingly nonexistent between them and the bad blood has been boiling for years. Caden is yet to get over the fact that Sasha fairly won the election of Zodiac leader against him.

"That wasn't the purpose of the mission, Caden, it was to fucking work on our teamwork which is absolute shit!" Sasha scolds his energy shifting as he takes a deep breath realising that he and the Capricorn will never see eye to eye.

The taunting between them is common but the two can't resist their urge to piss the other off. Sasha is more at jeopardy for losing his cool due to his leadership role and that makes provoking him a delight to Caden.

"The reason why it's shit is because of you! You never let anyone get their ideas in! What kind of leader does that?" Caden gibes, the bickering pair making their way through the empty and echoey walls of Zodia's Hall before taking the steep left turn into the Zodia Dining Hall.

"Oh, I get it now! You're still jealous that Orion made me the leader. Seriously childish, especially for you," Sasha snorts, his laugh bouncing for wall to wall and announcing their arrival to the Zodiacs who have been waiting patiently for them.

Sasha sits beside Levi, their allocated seating position separating the two bickering pair. Caden takes his seat beside Gabe at the end of the long table.

"Pfft, please, the only reason why he made you leader is because you sucked him off—"

Caden's witty humour lets of a roll of laughter from his teammates, Abi specifically letting her laugh echo against the walls, the laugh similar to a Windex spray.

"God, Caden, you sure love talking about dick so much, I'm starting to think—" Sasha's sharp comment is interrupted by Caden's short temper.

A fork flings right past Sasha's face, the metal object slicking the thinnest layer of Sasha's cheek off and a small cut protrudes a pack of blood, the fork digs perfectly into Sasha's portrait that hangs proudly on the wall. Caden the controller of the metal let out a smug huff before returning to his seat.