Prologue

Veeva stood on the bridge staring at her little sister's best friend in disbelief.

"Yes! Yes I know it's last minutes but my parent would literally pay someone to kill me if I didn't go!!" He explained, playing with the edge of the sleeve of his gray hoodie. He kept nervously glancing towards Stampy's house, worrying that he will wake up the sleeping cake lover, "Veeva please?!"

Veeva sighed, "when do you have to leave?"

He bounced a little in his spot, "In thirty minutes if I want to catch the train leaving to Brightin!"

"Why me and not Stampy or one of your friends?" Veeva narrowed her eyes at him.

"Because I forgot to tell them and you're an insomniac!" He said, "I bought the ticket for the 2:30 am train!"

"Okay, fine come on, I'll escort you to the train station."

He clapped happily and grabbed his suitcases and follow Veeva to the section of the world that had the Emergency Igloo is located. Veeva went up to the Welcome Sign and pressed the button. The gateway machine appeared beside of Veeva and him and the sliding doors opened. The old acquittances stepped in. He pressed the closed button. The machine roared to life, something that newer versions of gateways does not do. A few moments later the doors opposite of the ones that the two entered, opened; revealing a room with the compacity of twenty people. The two exited the machine and into the small room.

He quickly spun around, panic in his dark eyes, "Wait! I do not remember if I left the note on the front door!"

"First, breathe and can't you text them when they wake up?" Veeva said. He looked at her and nodded. "Good, now c'mon then."

The two left the room, Veeva making double checking if the door had been locked. The stood on the first floor of the World Gateway holding building. The gentle breeze of the November air made Veeva shiver. Mentally cursing both at Target's love for heaters and the lava surrounding the mini castle. Veeva zipped up the jacket. A soft piece of clothing found its way on to Veeva's neck. A gray and yellow knitted scarf.

"Not used to the cold?" He said playfully.

"Not anymore..."

Two walked on the sidewalk and deeper into the city.

"So, when are you supposedly returning?" Veeva asked.

"Um... Friday? Though I want to visit Scarlet and see how the shop's going."

The two made awkward, useless small talk that soon turned into how the two used to act before the two became rivals. Veeva and him stopped in front of the entrance of the train station.

"Will you be okay with staying in the building alone?" Veeva asked. He nodded.

"Will you be okay getting back and do you have the key to the door?"

Veeva brought out the key, "Never leave the fortress without it and I will be fine."

"Thank you Veeva!!" He smiled.

"See ya." Veeva said.

He walked into the train station as Veeva turned away. Veeva felt a hole forming in her stomach, releasing how much she missed having the sibling like bond the two used to have. Veeva squeezed her eyes closed and let out a deep breathe, just made the decision. Veeva opening her eyes and spun around, facing the train station.

She dashed inside the building, "Fizzy wait!"