The Pit

Challenges between Dauntless never was taken as a simple 'game'. It was a test of strength and a matter of pride. When night fell no rules applied and everyone became warriors. This was what Youthe had grown to be. A fighter. A challenger.

Night challenges like these where given special treatment and those who would break up the fights now would join in with the crowd and encourage the fighters to continue. This was also an event when Dauntless showed what had made them a Dauntless member.

Many would dress in what showed the muscle built into their body and chiseled like stone. Women wore skin tight clothing to give them a more muscular build look then they already had. Men wore shirts cut at the shoulders so their biceps pulsed through. Piercings where all placed in the holes to give off a strong or rugged look. Even many purchased new tattoos to wear for this event.

But Youthe wasn't one for show. Baggy pants and heavy boots lay at her bottom half while the top was a tank top covered with holes and rips. Her hair was pulled to one side now while she had shaved the other half for affect. The rest lay over her shoulder and combed out. Her hands where wrapped in bandaged tightly and the boots she wore had a solid two inched on the bottom. They where more platforms than boots but it's what Youthe fought in.

Cheering ha begun and Youthe walked down the hallway, chains clinking and clanging against one another as they hung from her waist and boots. Loud calling made her heart pump slower as she moved into her deadly state of mind. When she entered the area they fought. The pit was covered in Dauntless members shouting and hollaring. It grew louder as Youthe entered and glared. Eric stood in his usual attire except for him being shirtless.

Deep ocean eyes of the Dauntless met the dark abyss of the Rebellion with great determination. Hatred filled the air as Eric and Youthe stared off from one another, every muscle stiff in anticipation to kill. Knowing Dauntless death wouldn't matter but since it was one of the leaders against a Rebellion the only death to occur if it does would be the Rebellion member.

"Dauntless!! Youthe of the Rebellions has challenged Eric of Dauntless to a battle of Pride and Strength. No rules. FIGHT!!"

Cheering filled Youthe's ears like the drums of her ancestors once beat. Eric fell into position he was taught to fight in. Youthe didn't move. She stood her feet crossing as the two circled on another. Eric was watching closely as his enemy stepped back.

One swift jab to her gut and Youthe was able to grasp Eric's wrist forcing him back then stepping back quickly to avoid another jab. Grunting in irritation Eric jumped out and as Youthe attempted to push away he caught her arm forcing downward.

Knees forced up into her gut and grunting echoed out. A hard jab into his ribs then kidneys and Eric was off stepping back. He stepped closer then swung out again. Ducking quickly Youthe was able to dodge and avoid damage. She forced her shoulder into his chest then punched his thigh and gut a few times. Hitting the nerve just right Eric fell down with his leg momentarily parallelized.

This gave Youthe a good chance to win. Cheering and crying of names filled her with a disease of adrenaline through her veins as she kicked Eric's back. He heaved and Youthe jumped onto his chest with her knees holding his arms down at the elbows. Repeatedly her fist rammed into his jaw and blood dripped gently from his lip and nostrils.

A hard knee met the female's back and she fell forwards a hard crack echoing in her skull. After rolling to avoid any injury Youthe was kicked in the side and punched. She rolled again but towards Eric grasping his leg and forcing backwards into him. Eric fell landing with a thud that  was bone chilling to all.

Huffing she was on him again with her forearms forcing into his chest harder than before. Finally she was unable to continue hitting him and jumped off stepping back. He laid for a moment before getting up and spitting a mouth worth of blood. Wiping off what remained in his mouth he stood up and glared.

Youthe stared at him as they began circling one another yet again. Its wasn't long before one made a move. They knew each other's weaknesses as well as their own and would make a full effort to exploit them.

"You've grown Youthe. Almost had me down but as usual you couldn't make the final blow. "

Eric weased keeping the fight between them strong. Scoffing and stepping back a step Youthe smirked and spoke.

"Does this work? "

Her legs pushed forwards and a fist met his jaw while a knee went to his gut. Falling back he stumbled more as a foot hit his chest making him roll over himself. He pushed himself up evidently trying to stay strong and fight the female.

He wasn't able to stand as a heavy booted foot met his back. Eric heaved and rested on his chest. The feeling of darkness taking over was strong but he was able to see Youthe falling to the ground as she was thrown into the air by another male. Everyone was cheering as she was beaten mercilessly.

Everything went black. And screams died down into a gentle hum.