TWO

Thursday, May 10th, 2017

Thursday, May 10th, 2017. 5:50 PM.
• • •

I stood at my door, wiping my face. I needed to compose myself before I entered the apartment. Today had taken a massive left turn once another video of Clark helping people in need popped up in my inbox. Perry didn't yell or chastise me for taking on more then I could handle, but gave it to someone else instead. I myself wasn't even sure what caused me to be so upset today, even when I woke up this morning, my world felt shifted.

Ben has even noticed it, said I looked distracted. And I was, but I couldn't say by what. He said in the hour we had together this morning before I left for work I was short with him. I don't remember acting any different, but he wasn't the only one who noticed my demeanor, almost everyone in the office had. I could hear their whispers behind my back.

I sighed and slid my key into the door, unlocking it with ease, I stepped inside. There was a slight breeze and I remembered I had opened the balcony doors this morning. The smell of rain, heavy and wet greeted me; it had started raining as I took the stairs to my apartment.

Lugging my tote onto the small stool under the coat rack, I placed my rain jacket on the hook and discarded my keys in the porcelain bowl that had Bobby pins and pens in it. My heels couldn't get off my feet fast enough and slip into my house shoes. I padded down the hall rounding the corner to find Ben at the island, typing away at his computer.

"You should have shut the doors," my hands braced the soaked handles of the balcony doors as I slammed them shut, sliding the curtains closed. I could hear Ben behind me, that must've gotten his attention.

"Hey, babe. How was work?" His bright blue eyes locked with mine.

"It's raining."

He glanced out the window and then back at my face, "Shit. Did I forget the doors again? I was so into my coding,"

He was apologizing, but I was still mad-and it wasn't about this. I sighed and sat on a stool my body slumping onto the cold marble counter. Ben's warm hand rubbed my arm.

"I've had a bad day." I mumbled into the stone.

"Want to tell me about it?" His laptop closed and knew when I looked up I would have his complete undivided attention, but I wasn't sure I wanted to speak to him about this. Once that thought shot into mind I grimaced, and knew he was the one I needed to talk to. We are in a relationship. I can't keep things from him. Sitting up, I propped my elbows on the counter, resting my chin in my palms.

"Perry has me watching video's of Superman's rescues and writing articles about them. The goal of these articles is to compare the world when he was here to what is happening now that he's not,"