Chapter 6

Izayoi, Asuka, Yō, Seiji, Black Rabbit, and Jin were standing in front of the Perseus's castle's front gate. They were reading the Geas Roll that was stuck next to the gates.

Izayoi: All we have to do now is defeat Laius.

Asuka: But... We lose the right to challenge if we're seen.

Izayoi: I guess they want us to assassinate Perseus.

Jin: If they really are mimicking the legend, then Laius should be asleep. I doubt they'd just let us kill him like that, though... Besides...

Everybody looked at Yō.

Yō: There are a ton of guards around.

Asuka: Let's not forget that they have Gifts of invisibility, too. I hate to say this, but we're at a huge disadvantage.

Black Rabbit: No, that's not all. Laius's Gift is our greatest threat.

Everybody looked at Black Rabbit and Izayoi looked at the sky.

Black Rabbit: If I am guessing correctly, his Gifts are...

Izayoi: ...enslaved former ex-Demon King.

Black Rabbit: Yes. Ex-Demon King- What?

Black Rabbit looked at Izayoi in surprise and confusion. The rest looked at Izayoi after Black Rabbit did and they saw Izayoi staring at the sky.

Black Rabbit: I-Izayoi-san, how?

Izayoi: How? Well...

Izayoi pointed at the sky. Everybody looked at the sky and were confused.

Asuka: The stars?

Seiji: Perseus constellation.

Black Rabbit: Are you perhaps actually smarter than you look, Izayoi-san?

Izayoi smirked.

Izayoi: Now you realize it?

His face turned back to serious.

Izayoi: Anyway, we don't have time for this. We'll split into three teams in this Game. First, this Kiddo and someone else will kill the Game Master. We also need someone to protect him from danger.

Black Rabbit: I can only participate as a Judge, so I'll leave these to Izayoi-san and Seiji-san.

Izayoi: Next, we need someone to detect and clear out the invisible enemies.

Yō nodded in silence.

Izayoi: And finally, we need someone to lose the Game in order to be a decoy and clear out the rest.

Asuka was surprised.

Asuka: Fine, you can take the spotlight this time. However, you'd better win!

They started their plan and Izayoi slammed the door open. Everybody stood there with a smile on their face.

Izayoi: Let's get this Game started!

=====

All the guards got alerted. Laius was sitting on his sofa and smirked.

Knight captain: No-Name has arrived! Lock down the east and west staircases! It's five of them against all of us! Keep your wits about you and we will surely triumph! Our emblem is at stake in this Gift Game! We cannot afford to lose!

Laius: Exactly. All of you know the consequences if they get past you... Don't you?

The knight captain ran in front of Laius and kneeled down.