A Rough Start

The forest seemed to be full of so much life. There weren't any animals or extreme amount of plants. It was more of this feeling that is hard to describe. It's a calming happy feeling that makes life seem better. Maybe all forests were like this I just didn't know since the last time I had been I the woods before that day was when I was eight.

I had a hard time keeping up with them. They never seemed to get tired. They kept having to slow down or speed me up because I was in the front. That wasn't the only thing I noticed. I seemed to be so out of sink with them. They all had wildly different personalities and characteristics, but they seemed to understand each other without giving it a second thought.

They were like a big family. They all looked like they both loved and hated each other. They knew each other and protected each other while fighting each other at the same time. Then I was just there to mess up the vibe by being that one friend no one wants to talk to or deal with but is forced to.  "How far do you think it is?" Athena asks Pele.  She sighed.  "I don't know.  By the looks of it it doesn't look like we're going to be there any time soon." Pele answered. 

     Taking that as a shuttle jab at me I rolled my eyes and kept pressing on.  "How ever long it takes I'm glad we were able to find someone who could take us.  " Cyrus told everyone with a smile.  I sighed knowing that this might take all day.  I turned around and looked at them. 

     "What is the path like?  " Aspen asked a little anxious.  "It's like a trail of black paint or something like that.  "I answered not really knowing if that's what he meant.  "How wide is it?  "Athena asked nervously.  I stretched out my hands to slightly wider than me as a representation.  They all seemed to sigh in relief.

     "That means that we still have at least three days.  We can make it before it's too late." Cyrus said hopeful.  "We can even stop for the night.  "Erebos added. "Stop for the night what do you mean? "I asked shocked. "You mean you guys are going to need me for three days?" I asked in confusion.

"Well I thought that was pretty clear human." Pele snapped. Who does she think she is. "We thought you would have guessed by now. "Erebos responded. I couldn't believe them.

"You expect me to lead some random strangers threw the forest for three day alone." I asked sarcastically. "Please try and be reasonable. "Aspen pleaded. "I'm just thirteen. I don't even know you guys. I want to go home. I thought at most this would take the rest of the day until you guys sent me back home. " I defended.

"Well we can't send you back til this thing is dead. "Pele snapped. "I never asked to do this." I retorted. "Guy! " Cyrus yelled. "Let's just set up camp for now and get some rest. I'm sure we're all just tired. We should cool down and just relax. "Cyrus offered.

I looked at all of them one by one. I took a deep breath and nodded. Aspen and Noelani went to work on some tents for us. Aspen walked over to the trees and they seemed to respond to his every move. Aspen slowly shook his hand and they tree limbs shock sending leaves raining down.

They all fell perfectly into a tent shape and then they turned into a tent. "This is were me and Erebos are going to sleep. "He told me. I slowly nodded. Noelani molded the clouds and made a slight bigger tent. She spelled, this one is for Cyrus, Athena, and me. They walked over and made another one together. "This one is yours. " Aspen explained. I felt flattered, but separated. Not that was all that bad of a thing.

I walked over and they all started sitting on these logs around a fire Pele had made. I slowly sat down with them.