💔 if only

Ryan POV

We all believe that love always start to a simple friendship.

It's like just yesterday, we just met . But today is the day of the wedding.

I looked at you and smile.

"You looked absolutely beautiful in your wedding dress" my big brother Raffy complimented Ashley.

"I agreed with him" said my older cousin Rachel "But... it's bad lock to the groom and bride to see each other before the wedding" she scolded us.

"We know" my brother sighed "that's why we're thankful that you help us to sneak to her dress room"

I just ignored them and I wrapped my arm around Ashley.

"You looked amazing... Future Mrs. Yammada" i whispered

"Thank you... Mr. Yammada" Ashley whispered back, smiling teasingly.

"Let's go already" my annoying cousin suddenly pulled the collar of my suit "you already see him" she complained and walk out to the door my big brother following behind the both of us.

==========
Ashley and I meet in the playground near the park when we were only 6 years old. My brother and I were playing in the swing, when we saw a shy pretty girl my age, sitting alone in the bench. My brother keep teasing me to go talk to the girl and invite her to play with us, but I was so shy to do it. So, I just watch my brother approach the girl, after that Ashley became close to me and my brother.

I don't know if it was coincidence that Ashley went to the same highschool that me and my brother decided to go to.
Everything went well to the two of us. Many things happen in the highschool.

Two best friends started dating each other, after the boy confessed his feeling to a girl he like.
After a couple of years, he proposed to the girl. And today was the day the girl and the boy are getting married.

==========
The door opened, the music played, the people stood, but all I can see was the most beautiful girl in the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You look beautiful" I whispered, as I noticed Ashley blush.

I stared at you sadly. To bad it wasn't me who was standing next to you.

Why hadn't I approach you that day at the playground.
Why hadn't I confessed before this.

If only I know that you already started to have feelings to my brother, then I would have the courage to tell you how I feel, and i would have stop your feelings to him.

I looked at you,while you giving a loving smile to my brother.

"We are here today to witness and honor the lifelong bonding and union of Mr. Raffy Yammada and Ms. Ashley Terez" the priest began.

"If any of you object to this union, speak now or forever hold peace"

"..."

.
.
.
.
.
.

"I Ashley Terez, promise to love and cherish Mr. Raffy Yammada now and forever for better and worse, until death do us part"

.
.
.
.

"With the presentation of the ring,we now proclaim you as husband and wife" the priest boomed proudly "You may now kiss the bride"

I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous. All I can do was hope you live a happy life with my brother. But you and I can always be your best friend forever.

===============
4/17/19

556 words