Chapter Six: A Newfound Hope

I woke up suddenly as I was launched forward by the shifting of the boat. My skin stung badly, but at least it was healing. I peered out the small opening , my hometown was gone, replaced by a bright, rising sun.  While my fears and sadness had been drained a bit, they had only been replaced by questions. The first question, what was up with Cecilia, and what was the purple-feathered beast that saved me?

  I thought about the way Cici spoke to me, like she knew what was happening. Could she have a connection with Gramma? How? Iv'e never seen her before, like, two days ago. Well, these questions where the least of my worries now, I have no idea where Cici went or even if she's still alive. I looked up at the latch, should I go up on deck right now? Who knows what lurks up there? I decided that it would be a good idea if I stayed here for the time being. Looking down, I recognised the black box that I had risked so much to protect. 

   The box was wrapped tightly in a soft, black leather, worn and torn by now, but still very well crafted. The corners where made of embroidered silver, and the hatch was also silver. It was badly stained in blood, and I concluded that this had something to do with the black monster that had attacked me before. I pulled open the latch and opened the box.

   Inside the box was lined with red velvet, filled with who knows what. Resting on top of everything was a letter, folded perfectly. It looked very old. I peeled it open and read it.

                        My dear ancestor,

    My name is Tharia, and if you are reading this, than you have been chosen. By this time, the Scath have discovered you, they will hunt down your family, and hunt down you. if you have not made it to the saftey of the ocean, get there as soon as possible. I have many close friends, they are now yours, they will protect you. But i digress, this is not their destiny, this is yours. For reasons I cannot exlpain, you have been picked to finish what has been started. You must find all of the peices, and go to the Eigth Ocean, there you will meet your fate. Your soul is special somehow, my beloved ancestor, do not be afraid. In this box are my most prized possessions, take them.

                                                                        In loving hope,                                                                                                                                                                Tharia

   Somehow while reading the letter, I became filled with a new found hope, like I was no longer lost in confusion. It seemed like the work of fairy-tales, but I knew, inside, that I was just beginning to find myself. I began to pull things out of the box. On top where two carved daggers, as I pulled them out, they extended into a pair of long cutlasses. My eyes where lit in awe. Next, a silver necklace with a strange, ocean grey-blue and milky yellow pendant . Shockingly similar to the one Cecillia had grabbed just before I tripped. Underneath that, a whole outfit. It's soft, white cloth was gentle to the touch. There was also an overcoat, similar to the pendant, with yellow and blue tones mixed in like watercolour paint. It was magnificent! Also some extra stuff, holsters, guns etc.

      In an unexpected urge, I put on the outfit. I threw the soft shirt on, wrapped the overcoat around my shoulders and strapped on the belts and holsters, steadily securing all of the swords and guns so that they fit safely. At last, I slung the necklace around my neck. Suddenly my soul began to fill with hope. I felt stronger and more lively, and my heart began to beat rapidly in my chest. A whistle could be heard from behind me as a breeze blew by. I turned around suspiciously and saw a large feather sweep next to me. The wind guided the feather precariously, somehow, it looked like the feather was spelling out a word. Then, my eyes grew large as it elegantly spelled out a name, Tharia.