Milestones

Note: Hi guys it's been like a million years since I have written any form of fan fiction so I am a little rusty! Grammar has not been checked yet so bear with me! I hope you guys like it! :)

ANOTHER NOTE: This is a short part to segway into when the kid is older.

Jack Morrison had been taking the parenting thing head on for a few months now, and the baby was almost one year old now! He has had many learning experiences with this little girl, as he learned that babies don't eat regular food and that babies keep you up all night!

His busy schedule as Strike Commander of Overwatch made it difficult to see her during the day. Whenever he was gone throughout the day, Angela, Reyes, and many others would look after her. Due to this, Jack missed a lot of big milestones that he really wished he could have seen.

He'll never forget the day his little girl walked. She was wearing her blue outfit, her hair was a rats nest, and of course he wasn't there to see it. Angela had been there when it happened, and immediately called Morrison on her com.

"Jack!" Angela exclaimed.

"Yes?!" He immediately responded, knowing that his child was being looked after by her today.

"Your little girl has just walked!"

Jack remained silent for a moment, processing what she just said.

"Uh...Jack?"

"She...walked?" His voice was slightly higher than usual.

"Yes!" Angela responded. She could hear sniffling and then crying over the com. "Oh, Jack, don't cry!"

"My baby's growing up!" He couldn't control his tears. Embarrassed, he was trying to stop crying. "Anyways...I have to get back to my work!" He ended the call abruptly so he could cry in peace. Tears of joy ran down his face.

His baby continued to grow throughout the years, and birthday and birthday flew by like nothing.
Jack's baby girl was growing up!