X

RAVEN

Wynne didn't tell me what she had done with Seth. I assumed that she had just put him back in the tomb, but I also feared that she had done something much worse. She just smiled at me and said he was "taken care of."

We had sent out some guardian angels to help guide Finn and his company to Israel. After all, they were our bait, as Wynne had told me. If they didn't make it, we wouldn't be able to take on Lucifer.

To keep the angels from being detected, we had developed some new technology; artificial Nephilims. We injected mundane blood into angels to see if it could disguise them, and I was the first test subject. It had worked, as I was able to get in close proximity of Finn without being detected. The treatment wasn't permanent, though, as our native angel blood would soon overtake it. If we kept using it on more angels, we would be able to use espionage against Hell and the Holy Shield (although the Shield had been inactive for months.)

I paced Finn's bedroom. When Wynne had taken him in months prior, she had created an exact replica of the home that Finn and Seth had lived in. The replica sat atop a giant cloud in Heaven. The only memory I had of the house was Finn giving me a small tour. My guitar was there, as I had taken it from the real house in North Carolina.

It was a nice house. It wasn't too big, wasn't too small. Everything had its place. Finn's room was structured like an attic, with a pointed ceiling and a small perimeter. Seth's room resembled an actual bedroom, as it was large and full of his personal commodities. There was one bathroom, a kitchen, a TV room, and a basement/boiler/laundry room. The home I had dreamed about when I was pregnant with Finn. I had been so close to achieving that dream, but my family had ruined it. I didn't understand why. They had attended my wedding, and didn't really show any sign of disdain. It was typically illegal for angels of my caliber to marry humans, but they had made an exception for me. Then, out of nowhere, they had Seth and I arrested. Seth was to be killed, and Finn was to be raised by weaker angels while I worked. Well I wouldn't have it. I had used my higher abilities to get Seth and I out. Finn had been born on a roadside, and I ran away to make sure that there was no backlash against them. That clearly didn't work.

I sighed as I sat down on Finn's bed. Every thought in my mind was about him, and every step I took was because I cared about him. I had missed out on his childhood and teenage years. He was now an adult, and I still didn't have any connections with him. He probably despised me for what I had done. But to be honest, I knew in my heart that I was doing the right thing. He would understand eventually. Finn was misled. He had betrayed the holy order of Heaven, had associated with the Holy shield, and, worst of all, he was in a relationship with the first demon in existence. Whether it was love or just the adolescent "like," I didn't care. It couldn't be, not after all that he and I had gone through in our rough lives.

I got up and walked back to Seth's room. The only ornaments he had were a hunting rifle and some trophies. I didn't know a lot about his past, just that he was a big fan of biology, which he taught at a university that I was serving as a guardian for. Our relationship was based on that one similarity, and we had vowed to spent the rest of our lives together. I searched the bedroom, trying to find some hint at what he was like. I searched for half an hour until something unusual caught my eye. It was a strange scratch in the wall next to a mirror. When I touched it, the wall crumbled. I removed the mirror and was taken aback.

Behind the mirror was a hole full of carvings and pieces of paper. They were all demonic sigils, with their respective names. Phalec, Vetis, Saleos, Uphir and much more were listed. It was no wonder that demon blood was so easily overtaking Finn. He had grown up around demons all along. Seth had been summoning them frequently, as a lot of the papers were stained with old blood.