XXI

EVA

When Finn looked at me, I expected him to mistake me for a demon - well, I was a demon, but not that kind - and attack me. But he instead looked at me in awe, the very same awe that I was looking at him with. Did he . . . did he really like this form? And dare I say love it? I didn't have time to ask him. We had a battle to fight.

I stepped up and stood beside him. He grinned at me, and turned to face Lucifer and my brothers. Raven, who I hadn't even seen, flew over to us and stood on Finn's other side.

Azazel opened his mouth, probably to taunt us, but Finn rushed at him while he was cloaked in his flames. He took Azazel all the way up past the clouds. All of us - even Abaddon and Lucifer - could only stare in awe as Finn manhandled him. The fire zigzagged and danced across the sky. Eventually, they came back down, creating a giant crater in the earth. Once the smoke settled, we saw Finn standing tall over Azazel, who was laying motionless beneath him.

"Eva . . . Lilith," he said. He was accepting me for who I was, which made my heart flutter a little bit. "Can you seal him away?"

I nodded and took a step towards him, but Lucifer coiled around me, pinning my arms at my sides. There was a bright flash of light, and he loosened his grip on me. Raven was attacking him with her angelic light. I soared upwards and towards Azazel. While Raven was fending off Lucifer, Finn went for Abaddon. I watched him fly around the King of Hell for a while, hitting him at every angle while Abaddon tried to swat him like a fly. I shook my head and focused on Azazel. He still bore the symbol, which meant that he had not retreated from his vessel. Finn must have taken him out so quickly that he didn't have time to react.

"Stay home and sleep." I said to my comatose brother. "Maybe you'll wake up in a few hundred years, and maybe in a few thousand. But know that no matter how many times you come back, I will be here to put you back in your place. That's just what sisters do to their younger siblings, isn't it?" I scratched through his shirt and carved a Celtic knot in his chest. That would be enough to trap him in his vessel for now, giving Eloy full control of his own body. He wouldn't be much of a threat to us then.

I turned to Raven, who was desperately trying to dodge my father. He lunged at her over and over again as if he was trying to swallow her, and she struggled to avoid his gaping mouth. I flew over to help. I gathered all of the power that I could at once and commanded the Earth to move to my will. It rose around Lucifer, trapping him in mid-air. Time and time again he wriggled free, but more and more boulders rose, creating a giant sphere in the sky. His head stuck out, with which he hissed at us.

"What exactly is that boy?" My father questioned as he tried to break out of his prison.

"A Demi-God." Raven boasted. "The product of angelic and demonic aura."

"Wait, so if that boy is no longer mortal, then . . ." Lucifer seemed to ponder that for a moment. Then, he smiled evilly.

"Abaddon!" He called out to my brother. "Free me! Free me, and we will plunge this world into eternal darkness!" Abaddon leaped into the air, with Finn still flying around him. I grabbed Raven and pulled her out of the way. Abaddon slammed right into the giant mass of rocks, shattering it on contact. Lucifer fell to the ground and immediately sprung back up. Raven seemed to realize what he was doing, and she took off after him. I followed them, leaving Finn to handle Abaddon on his own. I had faith in him, though. He wouldn't fail us.

"What is he trying to do?" I shouted over the wind that was roaring in our ears.

"When God took away Finn's mortality, he had to put it somewhere." Raven shouted back. "So he harbored it within himself, and retreated into the Sun. He's done it before, I'm sure you know." I remembered it perfectly. It was Samson, the man who was granted infinite strength as long as he never cut is hair.

I began to put the pieces together. "So God is mortal right now?"

"Yes. And Lucifer plans to kill him now when he's weak." We pierced the heavens and went past them, heading right for the sun. I tried to use my power to pull Lucifer back, but up here, there was no demonic power, or angelic power. Above the heavens, where the Sun, stars, and Moon were, was a zone that was completely neutral. The only sources of energy were the Sun and the Moon. But if I flew to the moon to try and draw power, Lucifer would have had more time to reach the Sun. So I just chased after him with Raven, hoping that we could catch up.

We were right behind him, and his tail was just fingertips away. All I could see was the giant serpent that I was just barely trailing behind.

Suddenly, everything went dark. I looked over at the moon, and it was no longer reflecting the Sun's light. We were too late. Lucifer had killed God.

FINN

I was more powerful than ever, and I could feel myself growing stronger as I got used to my new body. But Abaddon was quite mighty himself, and he almost matched me perfectly. I hit him in the front, and he blocked. I flew around to his back and went in again, but he swung an arm backwards that I just barely managed to dodge.

After he freed Lucifer, I was too preoccupied with fighting him to worry about the serpent. I was sure that Lilith and my mother could handle him. Lilith . . . it felt weird to say that, even in my head. I had known her as Eva all along, and even after I found out who she was, she insisted that I called her Eva. But now, I accepted her for who she was, and I hoped that she did too.

"You're a fool." Abaddon bellowed as he struggled to keep me away from him. His voice was deep and intimidating, and it resonated, causing me to shudder. "You should have gone after my father. He knows what you are, and he knows that God is weak. He is going to kill him, and take the Sun for himself, and this world will be plunged into eternal darkness."

"I'll be damned if that happens." I was able to get in and blast him directly in the face with fire. He staggered a bit, but regained his balanced and let out an ear-splitting shriek. He charged at me with is horns pointed out. I dodged and grabbed hold of them. Using my Demi-God strength, I ripped them off of his head. He let out an anguished growl, and shook me off of his head.

I landed on the ground and took a break while Abaddon recoiled. This new body felt weird. It was more fast-paced than I was used to, and moving that fast made me a bit dizzy. But it didn't matter. Once this was over, I wouldn't be a Demi-God anymore, and I could - maybe - go back to the way things were before. I deserved it.

Suddenly, the sky darkened. I looked up, and saw that the Sun was no longer there, or maybe it was. There was a new sphere in the sky, it was a terrifying purple.

"YAHWEH!" An even more terrifying voice bellowed. It was Lucifer."FINALLY, AFTER THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF YEARS, I HAVE EXACTED MYREVENGE! PEOPLE OF EARTH, BOW TO YOUR NEW GOD, THE GREAT, ALMIGHTY, SATAN OFELOHIM!"