Start Anew

When we got done, I washed the plates with the water I had found in the back, carefully and sparingly using the water and soap. Gerard walked up and said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm gonna go back into the office and see if there's anything important in there."

"Better save your sense of smell while you can, Gee."

Gerard paused and then smiled at me, nodding. He then disappeared to the back and I waited anxiously. The smell wafted through the place and everyone gagged and covered their noses tightly. I had looked away when Gerard's voice filled the place.

"This is definitely helpful."

He held up a SIG-Sauer P226 with the bullets to go with and I whistled lowly.

"Wow, you think that's nice? Look what I found underneath the counter."

I held up a Remington Model 1100, pump action shotgun and the bullets to go with and Gerard pursed his lips.

"That was so unfair of you to do."

"Hey, at least we got weapons for if we ever need to defend ourselves, we got it."

He nodded and Frank went.

"Cool."

"No touching."

I and Gerard said at the same time. Frank whined and said.

"You guys sound like my parents!"

I said to him, crossing my arms.

"That's probably a good thing then because it means we're getting it through your head that you are not allowed to touch."

Frank whined once more and we carried on through the day, fixing up the place and calling it our new home.