Flowers & Foreheads

6-year-old Sakura sulked at the swings. For the umpteenth time, the other kids mocked her for her forehead. It's not that big...is it? she pondered. She sighed to herself.

   Suddenly, the little girl sensed somebody near her. She looked up and she paused. Standing a few feet away from her was none other than Uchiha Sasuke. He was looking right at her. Sakura's stomach knotted. Was he here to make fun of her forehead too?

    "What are you doing here?" she spat out, her annoyance and sadness dripping from her tiny voice.

   It was then she noticed that the boy's hands were behind his back. The girl quirked an eyebrow. Sasuke's face was contorted in a deep frown, almost like he was either bothered by something or...he was nervous? Sakura almost laughed. Sasuke? Nervous? Impossible.

    Finally, in a flash, the boy whipped out his hand from behind his back. He did it so violently and quickly that Sakura was afraid he was about to punch her. But instead, his fist stopped inches in front of her, clutching something that made the little girl's mouth open in surprise. Clutched tightly in his fist were three, little daisies freshly plucked from the earth.

    Sakura looked at Sasuke's face. He was looking away from her, but she could see a small blush staining his cheeks. "Here. These are for you." he said flatly. Now it was Sakura's turn to blush. She shyly reached out a tiny hand and gently took the flowers from his grasp. She looked at them then at the boy. Sasuke shuffled his feet and he looked like he was about to say something else.

    "I...uh...." he mumbled. Finally, he let out a frustrated huff and spoke up, this time more loudly and clearly. "I think they're all stupid and you have a nice forehead and you're really pretty." he blurted out.

    Poor little Sakura thought she was about to have a heart attack.

   Finally, he turned on his heel and stalked off with his shoulders hitched up and the tips of his ears bright red, leaving the girl to process what had just taken place.