Kitten Love

Kakashi Hatake was a known dog lover. He loved dogs. He had eight of them and they were practically his children. But that didn't mean he was wasn't impartial to cats.
Kakashi lived in an apartment complex that was very pet friendly. However, there was one furry creature that was an exception to this rule. Kakashi quickly discovered shortly after moving into the complex that the building and its grounds were the territory of a moody stray black cat. This one cat was commonly seen stalking and loitering around the place, terrorizing the tenants and their pets. He hissed and swatted at people who came too close to him, he rummaged around the gardens, intruded the tenants' balconies, stole food and small possessions like socks and stuffed animals, and often instigated incidents with the building's pets, like scratching at the dogs or trying to devour the hamsters and fish.
Despite all this, for some reason, Kakashi soon became the four-legged terrorist's only human friend. After he found out the cat had been eating the food that was meant for his dogs, Kakashi started to leave out scraps of fish and cat treats he would buy from the local pet shops to appease the feline terror. To his surprise, the cat started to come by more often. He would lounge on the balcony where he would groom himself, nap, or just survey his conquered territory with his long black tail swaying back and forth. The dogs did nothing as they had quickly learned not to mess with the cat after he gave a couple of them a good swat on the snout with his clawed paws and Kakashi himself didn't see any harm in letting the cat linger around if he wasn't causing any real trouble. Eventually, the cat became a constant guess and friend to the dog lover, who decided to name the black feline 'Sasuke'. The feeling of friendship seemed to be mutual if Sasuke curling up beside him was any indication.
Everything seemed perfect in Kakashi's every day life with the aloof furry loner. That is until Kakashi got a new neighbor, a lady doctor named Tsunade Senju. The woman immediately hated Sasuke and Kakashi would get headaches from hearing her cuss and yell at the cat every time she caught him sneaking around her property and snatching her food and belongings (in one particularly embarrassing incident Sasuke made off with one of her bras). Tsunade took her anger at the cat out on Kakashi whom she had assumed to be his owner since the feline almost always hung around his place.
Tsunade would've moved out but apartments that allowed pets were almost non-existent in the area and she herself had a cat. A precious pink one fittingly named Sakura. Sakura was a very good cat, relaxing on her human's balcony and in her personal garden, purring, and sometimes greeting others warmly.
Shortly after Tsunade and Sakura's arrival, Kakashi noticed that Sasuke started to come around less often. At first, he was perplexed. But then one day, Tsunade came banging at his door with a very displeased Sasuke dangling from her grip. "I caught your little imp in my apartment." she said flatly. "I told you, he's not really my cat. Sasuke's a free agent." Kakashi reminded her. Tsunade scoffed. "Whatever. Just try and keep him out of my home. I don't want him any where near my cat." she scolded him and dropped the grumpy feline at his feet.
"He's not picking fights with poor Sakura, is he?" Kakashi asked.
Tsunade pinched the bridge of her nose. "I wish. Sakura would give him a whooping."
Before Kakashi could be any more confused, Tsunade raved on. "This little shit thinks he's some kind of Romeo and keeps stalking my Sakura. He comes around my balcony and my garden and spies on her, sniffs her, and cuddles up with her and licks her! I don't know about you, but I don't want some mangy stray hooking up with my cat!"
Something in Kakashi's mind clicks. He smiles. "Tsunade, you should know better than to try and break up a romance. That only enhances it." he jested. Tsunade huffs. "Just keep him away!" and with that she storms off.
"You can't stop true love!" Kakashi shouted after her then looked down at Sasuke. "I never took you for a Casanova, Sasuke? You must be in love." he said. Sasuke let out a muffled maowing sound.
The next day, Kakashi received a surprise in the form of Sasuke accompanied by Sakura curled up together on his balcony, licking each other's ears and purring. The silver haired man only chuckled and said to himself, "Ah, love."
Sasuke and Sakura's feline romance carried on regardless of Tsunade's objections and complaints to Kakashi. The two cats went on walks together around the grounds of the complex and sometimes even around the neighborhood and they would sit or lie with each other on top of walls, in gardens, and on balconies and benches. Sasuke brought his pink mate plenty of little gifts: colorful leaves and wrappers he had found, little knick-knacks ranging from bottle caps and scrunchies to pebbles and ribbons, and of course the occasional slain prey (mice, birds, fish, lizards, or snakes) that he would hunt down just for her. Tsunade had screamed at the top of her lungs when she would find these supposedly affectionate prizes.
Unlike Tsunade, Kakashi was supportive of Sasuke's courtship with Sakura. The two visited him together and he happily welcomed them to make his balcony their personal love nest where they would relax, play, and share meals together. He would kick back and read his books while the black and pink four-legged couple cuddled together at his feet and watched the trees, the birds, and the butterflies floating around.
After a couple of months, Tsunade finally gave up knowing that she was powerless to get in between the two cats. Soon after, she came banging at Kakashi's door one last time. When Kakashi opened, Tsunade's face was red. "Is he neutered?" was the first thing she said. Kakashi blinked. "What?" he said. "The cat. Your cat. Is he neutered?" she insisted.
"Uh, I don't know."
Tsunade groaned and cursed.
"Well, you better start coughing up some child support. And I mean actual cash, not fucking dead animals that the little creep keeps bringing." she said loudly.
"Child support?"
Tsunade jabbed her finger into Kakashi's chest. "The little pervert got Sakura pregnant, you idiot. She's going to have kittens and he's the baby daddy."
Kakashi processed the news then lit up. " Tsunade, you should be happy. You're going to be a cat grandma!" he snickered. Tsunade looked like she wanted to punch him. "Don't ever call me that again." she mumbled then left. Sasuke snuck in through the opened sliding glass door that connected to the balcony and he meowed to alert Kakashi he was in. "Sasuke, did you hear that? You're gonna be a papa." he told the cat. Sasuke meowed louder. Kakashi laughed. He opened a can of tuna and gave it to the black cat as a celebratory gift.
As Sakura's pregnancy progressed, Sasuke was constantly by her side. Tsunade very reluctantly let the cat come into her apartment to cuddle Sakura, who was eventually bedridden in a cardboard box with blankets, food, and water. Even Tsunade didn't deny Sasuke was a very devoted mate to Sakura, grooming her, comforting her, and bringing her his usual gifts as her due date came closer. Finally, the day came.
Kakashi was at Tsunade's apartment to watch the birth and by the end of the day Sakura and Sasuke were the proud parents of four black and pink kittens. Kakashi popped champagne to the occasion while Sasuke kneaded Sakura's stomach as their newborn kittens nursed on her. Once the kittens were weaned, Kakashi and Tsunade made an agreement. Kakashi would take two of the kittens and Tsunade would take the other two. Neither of them could bring themself to give away the kittens and thus separate them from their parents.
With the kittens around, Sasuke moved himself in permanently into Kakashi's apartment. Kakashi of course had no complaints and gladly let the new papa cat take over with his little kittens and pink mate.
Pretty soon, Kakashi was merrily eating his meals with his dogs sitting around him watching the aloof black cat, his pink cat mate, and their mewing kittens run around and wreak havoc.