Do You Like Me?

Kinda AU/Genin!verse
Sorry if they're OOC

        Sakura took a deep breath and looked down at the folded piece of paper she had in an iron-tight pinch between her thumb and index finger.
This is my chance! she thought to herself, watching everyone do their own thing during the lunch hour. Using her ninja training in stealth, she snuck from the academy's courtyard and into the hallway where lockers were neatly lined up against the wall. She read through the numbers on the lockers until she finally reached the one she had in mind.
Sakura took another look at the note she was holding. She bit her lip. Her ears were throbbing from her rapidly beating heart. In the neatly folded piece of paper, Sakura had written one sentence, Do you like me? and with it three boxes with the words 'yes' and 'no' and 'maybe' next to them. She added the 'maybe' option just to be safe. It was such a seemingly simple question but it carried a lot of importance to her, especially considering who the question was meant for.
I just hope he bothers to answer it. she thought. Finally, she took the note and slid it in through the locker's vents. With her mission accomplished, she scurried off back to the courtyard to finish her lunch.

++++++++++

Iruka rambled on before the class but Sakura was hardly paying attention. Her anxiety and intrusive thoughts refused her peace. Every now and then she stole glances at the boy sitting next to her. He still had his gaze fixed on the blackboard at the front of the room and his face still portrayed an unimpressed expression.
Sakura already had low hopes but now they were totally diminished. Ever since everyone came back from lunch, she looked for any indication from Sasuke that he had gotten her note and hopefully wrote his answer. But, no. He was same as always. There was no sign of the note.
He probably threw it away... she sighed internally. Disappointment and self-shame gnawed at her.
Rrriiiiinnggg!!
With the bell's loud ring, everyone scrambled to gather their things and leave. "Alright, that wraps up today's lesson, I guess. Now, remember, everyone-" Iruka's voice trailed off to Sakura as she picked up her bag and left the classroom to head home. She just wanted to go home and forget everything that had transpired, the time and energy she had wasted.
She had reached an empty path not far from the school when she felt the corners of her eyes become wet. She shook her head and rubbed at her eyes angrily. "I'm not gonna cry over this like some little kid..." she mumbled under her breath.
"You're not going to cry over what?" a voice spoke.
Sakura's hair swung with her head as she whipped herself around towards the person behind her. "Eh?? Sasuke...?" she tried not to sound too startled.
"Ah." Sasuke said. He stood behind her with his hands stuffed into his pockets and his eyes on her, though he still looked stoic as always.
"W-What is it? Is there something you would like to ask me?" Sakura asked. Internally, she was praying fervently that she wasn't blushing even though she could feel an increasing warmth in her cheeks.
"I was planning on returning your note." he replied.
"My note?" Sakura attempted to sound confused.
Sasuke pulled his hand from his pocket and held up a familiar folded piece of paper. "This one."
Sakura's entire will vanished and her face was quickly painted red.
"I recognized your handwriting, Sakura." Sasuke stated flatly.
Sakura looked down at her feet. "O-oh...." she whispered.
She reached over to retrieve the note. "Thank you. I'm, uh, I'm sorry if I bothered you or anything..." she went on as her fingers pinched the note.
Suddenly, Sasuke pulled his hand back and thus pulled Sakura in towards him. "Just so you know, I prefer to personally give my response to someone face-to-face." he said. Sakura blushed even harder.
Sasuke turned on his heel and stalked off, leaving Sakura standing there, flustered and confused.
She looked down at the note and slowly unfolded it.
A small, neat blue check mark was etched into the box next to the word 'yes'.