3

oh boy 5 am the perfect time to write A N G S T

---

Walking down 29th and Park,
I saw you in another's arms.
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier...

Midoriya was sat on the small hill in the park, looking up at the stars with his boyfriend, admiring all the little twinkles, like a gigantic connect the dots game. Todoroki smiles, pointing out the exact patterns of Midoriya's freckles that Bakugo knew so well.

Saw you walk inside a bar,
He said something to make you laugh.

Todoroki leads Midoriya into a bar, both of them smiling until Todoroki whispers something into Midoriya's ear, and he laughs.

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours.
Yeah, you look happier, you do.

Bakugo looked on, as with each passing day Midoriya looked happier, and definitely looked more at ease. It hurt him, his chest was tight and painful.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you,
But ain't nobody love you like I do.

Bakugo knows he turned Midoriya down when he confessed, but his gut reaction was to be nervous and do this. And now he had lost his only comfort in changing times. His childhood friend.

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

This was his fault, and Bakugo knew it. This was his own fault and he had to deal with the consequences. There was nothing he could do, Midoriya was happier with Todoroki.

Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

"It'll be okay, Bakubro.." Kirishima comforted the blonde, while Bakugo sighed.

"But will it?"

"Yeah, you'll move on eventually." Kirishima smiles.

And until then I'll smile to hide the truth.
But I know I was happier with you.

"You gonna be okay otherwise?" Kirishima asks, a little concerned.

Bakugo smirked in his normal way, concealing what he was feeling. "I'll be fine, shitty hair."

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you

Bakugo sat on his bed, his foot tapping against the wall. He looked over at the All Might poster on his wall that he had never taken down.

Midoriya had put it up there when they became friends. He remembers Midoriya smiling, and telling to keep it up for as long as he wanted it.

Bakugo never wanted to take it down.

Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

Bakugo pulled the bottle up to his lips, licking the rim. You broke his heart. He tilted it up farther, hoping to pull the last drop of the liquid out. He's much better without you. Bakugo sighs, retiring the bottle. There was no use, it was empty.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you

Midoriya sat, watching Bakugo sit in silence with Kirishima. The red-head talked Bakugo's ear off, but Midoriya saw that he was listening. Midoriya knew Kirishima liked Bakugo, but not as much as he did. Midoriya had been stupid, he hadn't considered Bakugo's feelings either. Of course, Midoriya had been rejected, Bakugo wasn't ready for a relationship and didn't like him anyway.

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too

Midoriya watched as Bakugo smiled at Kirishima, and as Kirishima walked off.

"Thinking about it still? I told you to let it go, didn't I?" Todoroki comments, sitting next to Midoriya. "Trust me, Midoriya. He wasn't going to say anything. And plus he turned you down."

Midoriya sighs. "I know, but I can't help it sometimes, Todoroki. You understand, don't you?"

I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you

"You're going to be alright, right?" Todoroki asks, and Midoriya smiles.

"I'll get over it soon."

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you

Midoriya and Bakugo locked eyes, both of their fake smiles faltering. Midoriya was the first to blink, his mouth falling open slightly. The connection was there, and still evident.

They both missed each other deeply.

Bakugo gave the small boy a genuine smile, and Midoriya returns it. Midoriya stands up, walking towards his childhood friend.

"Hey."

"Hey, Izuku."

Midoriya smiles, leaning on Bakugo's desk. "So, you kept my poster?"

Bakugo feels his face warm up. "Course, it's the first thing my best friend gave to me as a gift. That's saying something."

Midoirya's heart warms, and his smile grows. "Aw, Katsuki..."

"What, it's true." Bakugo shrugs. "Hey, have I ever told you I loved you?"

Midoriya's heart skips a beat, and he goes bright red.

"I l-love you t-too, Katsuki.."

---

Word Count: 838 words

wowie

angst then fluff

bet yall thought that midoriya and todoroki were dating originally

nope

Todoroki was just trying to help Midoriya get his mind off of being rejected, what a good friend

a small note: this is a slight au bakudeku, where after a little bit Bakugo and Midoriya became friends and made up

ily all! xoxo Sam