15

Kai didn't usually head down to the club scene, but it was a special occasion. And Kai desperately needed a drink. 

He sat down at the bar, facing the bartender, his friend Carswell Thorne. 

"I don't usually see you around here," Thorne smirks. "Special occasion?" 

Kai chuckles. "Yeah. Hit me with your special. Knowing you, it's heavy." 

"It's very heavy. You sure you can take it?" 

Kai nodded, and Thorne headed off to make it, just as the lights dimmed. 

"You had plenty money 1922."

Kai swung his head to the stage, where a woman with mousy brown hair on stage in a very flattering dress. It hugged all her curves and made the hazel color of her eyes. To say it was stunning was an understatement. 

"You let other women make a fool of you."

Kai drifted away from the bar and headed over to a table near the stage. He was enthralled by her voice, as it rang out clear. He sat down, and the woman on stage smirked at him, making his heart skip a beat. 

"Why don't you do right,"

The woman leaned down towards Kai, smiling serenely. She was so close to him, he didn't even need the microphone to hear her. Kai's heart was pounding wildly in his chest. 

"Like some other men do?"

She stood back up, heading back to the center of the stage to sing. Her eyes were always trained on Kai, a flirty smile on her face. 

"Get out of here, get me some money too."

Kai leaned forward on the table, resting his arms. He smirked as the girl continued her way across the stage. 

Her hips swayed with the music, and she seemed mostly confident. Kai wondered how many drinks she had before this to make her that confident. 

----- (i'm too lazy to write it all out it would take too long so lmfao)

"Why don't you do right?"

Thorne came up next to Kai, slapping him on the shoulder slightly. "You found the stage at a good time, huh? This is one of her first times performing. We call her Cinder." 

Kai nods, not focusing on Thorne. 

"Like some other men do!"

As the song finishes, Thorne snorts. "C'mon, I'll take you backstage." Kai perked up at the thought, his mind still wandering to places he didn't want to admit. 

"Are you serious?" Kai snapped out of his thoughts, his face bright red. "No way." 

"I'm sure if she saw you you'd fall immediately in love." 

"You're delusional." Kai groans as Thorne drags him into the back room. Thorne only laughs as Kai is shoved directly into the girl that was just on stage. 

"Carswell! Get back out there and man the bar!" Cress called, pushing Thorne back out of the dressing room. "Hey Kai, you good?"

The girl took a step back and gasped. "You're the guy that was at the table out there!" Her cheeks flushed bright red, as her arms went to cover her chest. 

Kai rubbed the back of his neck, slightly flushed himself. "You looked stunning up there." He smiled, pushing his hair back slightly. 

The girl looked down, eventually putting a hand out for Kai to shake. "Cinder." 

Kai smiles, shaking her hand. "A pleasure to meet you." 

Cinder smiles, slinging a leather jacket over her shoulder. "You seem like a good friend of Thorne's." 

Kai laughs. "If you can call it that." 

Cinder laughs. "I'll see you around?"

Kai nods. "See you around." 

----

Word Count: 583 words

well i started writing this 5 weeks ago and just finished thanks work

also yes i love them and they're from the same book series as Wolf and hhhhhhh okay that's all 

Ily all! xoxo Sam