Chapter Two

Mrs. Arcana's POV

"The Hanahaki Disease is a very rare illness that is born from one-sided love."

The doctor wanted to have a short talk with us regarding to our son's illness.

As I've heard the main reason of my son's suffering, guilt entered my system and based on the look on my husband's face, he feels the same.

If only we weren't selfish enough to sacrifice our son's happiness just for the growth of our company.

"The disease can only be cured in two ways. The first one is through surgical removal. Right after the surgery, your son's feelings towards a certain person that's causing the disease will cease together with the petals. But once those feelings disappear, it will never return. And the second and last option is by the return of the feelings invested. If the person that your son is currently in love with will love him back, the disease will miraculously disappear." the doctor added.

"Is the disease fatal, Dr. Zhang?" My husband asked.

"I'm sad to say this but, yes it is. If it isn't treated within 2-3 months, your son will succumb to this. The main reasons are the petals. It may reach his lungs anytime sooner and those fragments can jam his airways and may cause suffocation.

My husband pulled me into a tight embrace as we tried to calm ourselves.

"Think wisely, Mr. & Mrs. Arcana. It's your son's life that we're talking about. We don't have that much time. My number one advice is the surgery. That surgery will cost a lot and you need to fly all the way to Russia, but I know that won't be such a big damage to your bank account considering that you're billionaires."

We stared at him for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"So I guess my job here is done, Mr. & Mrs. Arcana. You can call me anytime once you've decided. Excuse me."
My husband and I smiled at him as he left us at the hospital's corridor.

"Honey, I'm so worried about our son. He's our only child! I can't bear to lose him! I don't want him to die." I said as I cried on my husband's shoulder.

"I know, honey. But don't cry. We need to be strong. We need to show him that we're here for him." my husband replied

I just nodded silently as I wiped off my tears with a handkerchief.

"We need to tell him about his disease right now. Our son is a very smart child. We know that he knows how to help himself." my husband said.

"We know that it will be very tough for him, considering that we both know that he's in love with Constantine, and we know that he's hoping that Constantine will love him back." he added.

"So, that only means that we need to tell him right away. 2-3 months is very short afterall." I responded.

We both made our way to our son's hospital suite so we can tell him about his condition.

Alpha's POV

"You have The Hanahaki Disease." They said in chorus.

I was confused as I've never heard that disease before.

"Son, we'll go straight to the point because we're running out of time." My dad said.

When I heard the line 'we're running out of time' I got curious and worried at the same time. It sounded like I am going to die.

"The Hanahaki Disease is a rare condition which is born from one-sided love."

That hit me hard. ONE-SIDED LOVE. We all know that I'm a victim of those words.