0.4

"Hey, brother

"Hey, brother." 

Daryl Dixon turned around with wide and frantic eyes at the sound of Merle Dixon's voice -- he hadn't seen his brother for so long and had believed him to be dead -- seeing him again, he had no idea what to do. He had previously had a younger brothers outlook on Merle, seeing him with a tinted view because he had looked after him but the time apart had made him realise that he was barely good.

Katy couldn't believe that the man in front of them was Daryl's brother, he had a metal shaft with a knife attached to it as a hand and looked like the type of guy she would probably avoid.

"What are you doing here?" Daryl asked with a waver in his voice.

"Came to see ya." He smiled barely ever serious. Katy noted that they didn't look like two loving siblings reuniting. "Who's this one?"

"Katy." She answered quite shyly.

"Pretty one ain't you." The man went to take a few steps towards the girl but Daryl stepped out in front of him, blocking the way.

"Let's go and talk." It sounded like an order but Merle sensed something in Daryl and they walked away together keeping a distance between them.

"I've known him two minutes and I think he seems nasty." Katy commented to Rick and he nodded.

"That's Merle for you."

"Who's the Governor?" She asked curiously.

"Somebody who's done a lot of shit to us." She could tell that whoever this person was, Rick hated him with a passion.

"What stuff?"

"It doesn't matter." He said firmly. "But it's looking like he wants revenge."

"Is it gonna hurt us?" Nova asked him with a timid fear in her voice.

"Maybe."

"Why does he want to meet with you then?"

"Negotiation." He pushed his hair back. "But I have no idea what he's going to say."

"You think it's a trap?"

"Probably." Daryl's untrusting voice sounded from behind the two of them, always unhappy when the Governor was mentioned. He took Rick away to meet with the council while Katy moved over to a wall and sat down quietly until a presence shocked her.

"What do you want?" She asked Merle with a raised eyebrow.

"Wanted to check out my baby brothers girl." He smirked.

She scoffed. "I'm not his girl."

"You sure?" He stepped closer to her. "Whose girl are ya then?"

"My own." She said with a strong voice, not allowing it to quiver.

"Don't hurt my brother." He warned her because he just sensed something important to his brother about her.

The sharp edge to his voice pissed the woman off. "Like you do."

"Say that again." He made himself stand taller in an attempt to intimidate her.

"What the fucks going on?" Before the situation could tense anymore, Daryl stormed forwards with confusion laced in his expression. Merle sent the girl a glare before stalking off. "What happened?"

"It doesn't matter." She shrugged.

"Katy." He groaned.

"It's my business, Dixon." She didn't want to risk upsetting him. "But you Dixon brothers are a real piece of work."

The next day, some of the group went to the meeting with the Governor and because of that, there was a lot of unease in the air. Katy had wanted to go because she felt like it would make her a more valued member of the group but Rick and Daryl had refused, she didn't know the Governor or what he was like after all. She wandered around the prison before she saw Carl sitting alone and sat down next to him.

"What's wrong?" She could tell that he looked annoyed.

"I wanted to go." He moaned.

"Your dad's just trying to keep you safe." She ensured him.

"I wanna help."

"Me too but I wasn't allowed to go either." They smiled at each other weakly and chuckled a little bit.

"I'm glad we found you." He grinned.

"That makes me happy."

They continued to chat randomly until the sound of car engines could be heard returning to the prison and they raced to the gate to find out what had happened. Katy noticed Daryl looked around with panic in his eyes and she got his attention with worry.

"Good." He breathed out to himself. "I thought the Governor might have got you."

"You're the one that was meeting with him."

"Like he could take me down." He joked.

"Cocky bastard." She laughed.

"Have you told her?" Rick yelled coming towards them with an extremely angry look on his face. "The Governor wants Michonne, but he sure as hell ain't gonna get her."

• Edited •