five

[🏹]

"happy birthday to you~!"

me and nyeonie blew out the candles together. i always enjoyed birthdays. me and nyeonie shared it and i would be more than happy to spend it with him.

we had fun. nyeonie excused us and we went outside to our hill.

"hurry up, hyunnie"

i struggled climbing up the hill. nyeonie helped me up. he sat down and i sat between his legs. he pulled me close and hugged me.

"promise me you'll never leave me nyeonie."

i never want to be away from him. he pecked my cheek.

"ill never leave you for anything hyunnie."

i was content by his answer. we looked up and saw the stars twinkling brightly in the vast night sky. a star fell, leaving a tail following behind it.

"look nyeonie! a shooting star, make a wish!"

he closed his eyes and i did too. i wished that he'll always love me more than anything.

i woke up. tears were streaming down my face. i couldn't stop it. i looked at my bedside and saw the last picture we took together on our birthday long ago.

you promised me.

i looked at the time and it was getting late. i hurried dressing up and ate breakfast. i rushed towards school. the teacher i was supposed to meet was there.

then i saw him.

the person who promised to never leave me.

he found me and he had a name.

"hi im ju haknyeon"