New job and A New Partner

Art not mine all credit to the artist
Adam's P.O.V

People try to take my soul away, but I don't hear the rap that they all say
They try to tell us we don't belong, that's alright, we're millions strong
This is my music, it makes me proud, these are my people and this is my crowd
These are crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy nights

I woke up to Crazy Crazy Nights by Kiss it was my alarm. It changes a lot because Lance thought is was hilarious to change my alarm from "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher to "Crazy Crazy Nights" by Kiss. I groaned into my pillow I start my new job today at the VCPD and Lance starts school tomorrow so he will be home alone. I reached out and smacked the button on my alarm to stop the music. I heard laughter coming from the kitchen I guess Lance is up early that little trash. I got up and showered than put on a light blue dress shirt and dress pants and grabbed my coat on that way out of my bedroom. We just moved into our little apartment from LA we are still unpacking so I had to maneuver my way around a lot of boxes to get to the kitchen were Lance was making breakfast. I set my stuff on the island in the kitchen. Lance was standing on a chair by the stove a pan in one hand and a spatula in the other humming to a new song I recognized as "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton "Let me guess 9 to 5 will be my new Alarm." I said getting a cup of coffee
"Darn I have to find a new one now." Lance said putting some eggs on two plates along with some bacon. "They don't call me a detective for nothing." I said sitting down on one of the stools by that island. "You aren't a detective yet dad." Lance said
"Is that so." I asked he just nodded we sat in mostly silence watching the news on the Tv and eating our breakfast. At 7:30 I had to go I don't want to be late for my first day.
I kneeled down in front of Lance "Ok buddy, here are some rules 1. Lock all doors and windows 2. Don't let anyone in who doesn't say the password. 3. Don't go outside without somebody you know with you. 4. Try not to get hurt or reck the places we just moved in." I said hugging him close "What is the password agin buddy." I asked him
"Blue Cookies." He said  "Good, now try and unpack as mush as you can but, leave anything heavy or breakable to me ok bud." I ruffled his hair he smiled and did a mock salute "Yes Captain dad." 
"Be good ok bud."
"I will dad. you better go or you will be late to work."  He reminded me I leaned down a kissed his head. I shut the door behind me. Once the door was closed I heard it lock, good.
The quick car ride from our apartment to the VCPD was full of nervous energy from me. I parked and went to the front desk "Hello Miss my name is Adam William I am here to talk to Chief Alfor." I asked the woman at desk. "Right this way sir." She escorted me to the chief's office. 

Shiro's P.O.V

My day started with Keith shaking me awake. "Dad-Dad-DAD." he yelled the last one
"What Keith I was trying to sleep." I said "You are going to be late to Work dad you have to train that new guy today." Thank god that my son reminded me "Thank you buddy I forgot." I quickly got dressed  in a Purple dress shirt and dress pants. I walked in the kitchen to find Keith eating a bagel and drinking something black out of a mug, I walked over to him right when he picked up the mug. I took the mug out of his hand "No. Coffee is not for eight year olds." I drank the coffee instead "Ok buddy I have to go to work, you know the rules I better not come home with a knife in the wall again." I gave him a kiss on his head and ruffled his hair. "That was one maybe two times." He pouted  "try three times. Keith." He huffed and closed the door pushing me out into the hall of our apartment building. Once I reached the VCPD I was greeted by the Chief and a chestnut skinned man behind him. "Shiro this is your new partner Adam William I will let you two get acquainted." Adam stepped forward and put out a hand to shake "Hi I'm your new partner." He flashed me a pearly white smile "Good cause I need all the help I can get." I said taking his hand in a shake "Well fallow me to your desk." I lead him to his desk it the one across from mine. "So tell me about yourself." I said leaning back in my chair "Well I am a single father of one his name is Lance and he is eight. We just moved from LA I was a detective there to. I think that is all. I know I have a really boring backstory." He did an awkward laugh "What about you?" He asked "Well like you I am a single father his name is Keith he is eight too. We lived in Voltron city our whole lives. That's it." I smiled at him he smiled back "Shiro."  A female voice called my name "Shiro I brought you some coffee." Allura said Allura was the chief's daughter she stopped by a lot and delivered coffee to her father and for some reason me too. "Hey Allura, How are you." I said to her taking the coffee she handed me "I'm good,who is this guy." She asked sitting on my desk leaning forward. "Uh he is my new partner Adam." I smiled at Adam I saw a glint of jealousy in Allura's eyes then it disappeared. "Hey I was thinking maybe tonight we can go out to dinner just the two of us." She winked at me "Uh I'm sorry Allura I can't Keith and I were going to go to a new Mexican restaurant tonight." I apologized to Allura "Well maybe another time than." She said she got off my desk and walked away flipping her white hair behind her. "I'm so sorry Adam she's been trying to get me to go out with her since I started here." I apologized to Adam who just laughed " It's fine at least you get free coffee." He said still chuckling "SHIRO, ADAM." The Chief yelled "Well I think we have our first case." Adam said getting his jacket. I grabbed mine to and together we walk towards the Chiefs office.

________________________________________________

If there is any mistakes please tell me so I can fix them, thank you;)

I am sorry for any misspelled words or any punctuation error I have Dyslexia so writing and spelling is hard for me :)

P.S  thank you for reading and if you have any suggestions please leave a comment I would love to hear them :)