There and Then

This one is the most recent one, I like it the most lol

Basically we had to write about a scenario, I chose the high school prom and decided to put a little story into it.

The high school prom was anything but romantic for poor Mindy. Upon entering the gymnasium, a mod of smelly and rowdy teenagers stole her date away from her, leaving her standing awkwardly at the double doors alone.
Not only did she get abandoned by her date, she was also assaulted by deafening music. The bass from the generic, popular rap song vibrated the floorboards (and herself) and she began to feel even more uncomfortable when the singer started dropping profanity into the mix.
Blinding beams of light danced with the teens on the dance floor, highlighting the sweat dripping down their brows and the clouds of smoke billowing from their mouths. Of course they would be smoking, what did Mindy really expect?
In all honesty, the atmosphere to this place was more akin to an adult nightclub than a school dance. As soon as the bass dropped, the girls and boys started participating in a crude dance her mother always complained about. It made her feel dirty. Her parents always shielded her from this type of behavior, so it felt like a sin to watch it unfold before her very eyes. As quickly as she possibly could, she turned on her high heels and hightailed it out of the gym. The double doors shut, trapping the angry clutter of voices and music within, and she took a seat on the floor next to the doors.
Just as she was beginning to think that this was the worst night of her life, she noticed a tall, biracial teen leaning against the wall in front of her.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when he muttered, "Not having a good time?"

"Y-yeah...this...um...isn't what I thought it would be..." She finished her statement with an embarrassed chuckle. "I should've known it was too good to be true that the football caption would ask a fat girl like me to prom." Feelings of utter shame and embarrassment washed over her. She was so stupid.

"Hmph." He grunted in response. "My sister dragged me here. Technically, she was my date. Now she's dancing with some stupid cheerleader chick."

"I'm s-sorry that happened to you..."

"Don't be. I- uh...what's your name?" His voice quickened in pace, giving her the idea that he was socially inept. Just like her.

"Mindy..." She softly responded, feeling the soft fabric of her expensive dress on her fingers.

"...Raymond. Hey. Uh, let's just...uhm ditch this place. I could...take you home or...we could stop at McDonalds or something...only if you want to."

Maybe going to the prom wasn't the worst idea of her life after all.