Ashton's Flowers

A really cute Lashton one shot.

(Luke's POV)

Oh, there was always that one person in the school that stuck out among the rest, but not in a bad way. In this case, it's a boy named Ashton who proudly wore a flower crown upon his head each and everyday. No one questioned why he wore it, but everyone thought about it. Ashton might have been the only boy in the school - and even the world - who could wear a flower crown fully seriously, and pull it off as if it was a bandana or a snap back.

And then there was me, I was semi-popular, but not that well known. Sure, maybe out of the blue my name comes up at a lunch table, a slight 'did you see Luke's hair today? It's so tall' and then the conversation would change, maybe to someone a bit higher up on the popularity scale - like Ashton.

I would be lying if I said I never found him attractive, but, anyone would be lying if they said that. Although only some people could actually have a chance with him, because of something that had only been proved by rumors, and thankfully that rumor went to my advantage.

Everything happened at once on that one day last week, the day that started with an early wake up call, a short drive to school and a certain Calum Hood standing by my locker.

It was before the bell rang, and I was staring down the hall, a couple of lockers down to the light brown haired boy with his daisy's with yellow centers. A deep sigh escaped my lips and I watched him fix his hair again and again - not that he needed too - but it was a sight to see the older boy get so flustered over his hair with the light crown curly locks of an angel.

"Go talk to him, instead of trying to undress him with your eyes" Calum encouraged, I gulped, looking away from Ashton and to the new voice of my friend Calum. Calum knew about my feelings, and about everything. Calum even knew about how attractive Ashton was, because when Ashton first moved here, Calum was infatuated by the thought of his flowers. But then, Calum found Michael.

"Don't you have other things to do? Like, go bother Michael?" I asked, Calum laughed and turned my head over to Ashton who was now walking down the hall and away from me and Calum, cutting my staring time down dramatically.

"I can bother Michael later, that's the positives of having a boyfriend, you can bother them all you want when ever you want" Calum spoke, pointing away at Ashton who was almost down the hall.

"I say go follow him, class doesn't start soon, and our teacher wouldn't give a shit" Calum said, shoving me down the hall getting me closer to Ashton who was soon going to turn. And, as if my subconscious was kicking me repetitively in the butt, I started making my way down the hallway after Ashton.

Oddly enough, Ashton walked really fast, even though he looked like he was walking slow, I was having trouble keeping up. A flower fell off of Ashton's crown, landing softly. I stopped, picking up the flower and holding it in my hand. I looked up and Ashton was gone, but there was a trail of white daisy flowers on the hallway floor, which lead me to wonder if Ashton preposily did this or was his flower crown falling apart? Curiosity started to burn in my stomach, and I continued to follow the flowers.

Picking them up as I went along, the trail seemed endless, but, soon came to a stop at the boys bathroom. I held the flowers in my hands, pushing the door open and walking inside. It was quiet and I gulped, still holding the flowers in my hands.

"Ashton... Uh, your crown it... Uh, I have your flowers" I said, looking around to find Ashton, but the washroom was completely empty, all for a little folded sheet of paper sitting in the middle of the floor. I held the flowers in one hand, leaning down to see the note, it was all done in nice handwriting and had my name on the front.