End Of Days

An apocalypse OneShot where Ashton is trying to seduce someone so he can get privileges at a new community! Theres not enough of these in the world, enjoy!

Warning, it's zombies (walking dead ended so why not?) and like end of the world things So it might be gory and stuff. READ WITH CATION ILL TRY NOT TO GIVE WALKING DEAD SPOILERS BUT THEY MAY SLIP OUT!

...

"The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free" ~Vinnie Paz, "End Of Days"

...

(Ashton's POV)

A cold day. And such a day that I didn't feel like getting up and actually staying alive. I didn't feel like fighting, I didn't feel like surviving. Not today. Until of course, I heard the voice from behind me.

"Ashton," it whispered, and I held onto my gun tighter. What kind of world was this when you had to sleep with one eye open and a gun in your hand?

"Ashton c'mon, today is not the day to give up" it was Michael, my only friend at the time. The only other person that survived with me. Everyone else died, got bit, or went separate ways at the train tracks.

I remember that day, it was only two before, where we had just ran away from almost a dozen biters, my good friend Harry had gotten bitten. His boyfriend Louis to upset to be with anyone had run off before the train tracks, I suspect he was dead now.

As for the others - Zayn, Niall and Liam - once we got to the train tracks they were gone, went a different way then me and Michael in hope to find Louis. Me and Michael decided to continue to the safe place, we were following the train tracks to it, but not staying to out in the open, that would be stupid.

And now it was just me and Michael. Me and Michael...

"Ashton not today, it's going to be a good day, I can feel it!" Michael said positively, I looked at him and saw the bright hope in his eyes which was just enough to get me to sit up.

"Fine. Were almost there right?" I said, rubbing my eyes and trying to wake up. Michael smiled at me.

"Were going to get there today, honest to god" he said, taking his head out of the tent. I climbed out, my gun still in my hand. I laughed at him and shrugged dramatically.

"What god? That one who let these things lose?" I said, Michael just rolled his eyes at me and started packing up out rope perimeter and our backpacks.

"Oh ashton, we all believed in a god at some point in our lives, maybe not anymore, but in the past" Michael said, I started to fold up our small tent, leaving the blankets inside just so it was quicker, I rolled my eyes at Michael even though he couldn't see me.

"all you think about is the past" I said, laughing as I did so. I stuffed the tent back into it's bag and grabbed my backpack which was full of ammo, guns and knives, with a couple of backs of chips and canned food mixed in. Michael looked at me and I could tell he wasn't in a joking mood after my comment I made.

"The past is what keeps me going" Michael smiled to me, I shook my head and began to pack everything up. This is how we did things - Michael carried all the weapons and I carried all the useless shit - and you know what? I was ok with that. I shouldn't be trusted with guns, I'm a generally clumsy person. But that's ok. Me and Michael were the apocalypse dream team.

Me and Michael then walked off, back to the road, to the train tracks. Walking in complete and utter silence all the way to the end of the road, where we approached a rather large building, with the letters 'Luketopia' spray painted with black paint over white words that I believe used to say 'Terminus'