Chapter 14: T(h)rust

My eyes wandered a few times. Questioning if I was seeing things. Shockingly, it wasn't my overactive imagination playing tricks on me. The Kim Seokjin's eyes locked with mine instantly after looking up. He had no clear emotion on his face, but the air felt tense. The entirety of lunch I could feel his eyes burning through me. I didn't understand why. It seemed like something Taehyung would do of course, so it being Seokjin was entirely off-putting.

No reason for his gaze could come to mind other than guilt for his sleazy joke. But why stare where he knows he could be caught? None of it made sense to me when it came to these boys. Or maybe... my neck. That was probably it. Tattered like a leopard I sit in a sea of people. Me ranking the bottom of the pyramid like no other, but seemingly enough recognized by the marks on my neck. If a barrier is broken, of course, he would like to know by who.

Seokjin is analyzing me. Watching my movements to figure out just who would think to do such a thing.

When I feel his eyes finally leave me, I can only assume he's come up with an answer. Without much other thought, I left for my next class in a hurry. Only for my phone to ring, and startle me halfway to my destination. I reach for my pocket to pull out the device with a huff. "Hello?" A deep chuckle from the other line makes my heart jump for a moment. "Where's my beautiful girl off to? Mrs.Choi isn't here today," I could hear the enthusiastic smirk in Taehyung's voice. "And why do you know whose lecture hall I'm supposed to be in?" The question is fair as I round a bend while crossing the campus grounds. The hike to this class was always annoying, but I couldn't be mad when Mrs.Choi was an absolute angel.

"Maybe because I'm her favorite student, and she tells me everything."

His voice no longer sounds like it's in my phone, but rather just over my shoulder causing me to freeze with my hand on the 'pull' handle to the entrance. "So, why wouldn't she tell me about her second favorite student who turns in some of the best art analysis papers she's ever seen?" Taehyung continues as a large hand layer over mine to open the door. Regretfully, I turn to look at him just as he pulls the door open and ushers me inside.

"You're gonna get caught," my eyes roam over his features as he leans closer. "Then you won't be a prince anymore. Stop it."

Taehyung holds himself back with an irritated sigh and walks further down the hall without another word. Likewise, without thought, I followed behind him. Just like that, we arrived at Mrs.Choi's empty class, dark and lifeless. Looking at it almost made me tired without her hyperactive energy to keep me going.

"Well, she was my last stop. No Mrs.Choi, no reason to stay at school," I turn to leave with an awkward laugh. But of course, he catches me off-guard once again. Taehyung's fingers lace through mine, pulling me to the exit in haste.

"Let's go on a date."