The sandwing

"Glory?" Deathbringer peeked in. On Glory's desk were loads of paperwork. "What?" "Oh nothing. Wanna go out for some fresh air?" "Sure." Glory flew out of her room and motioned the other invisible guards to just stay. Deathbringer caught up with her in seconds and the two were chattering all their way to the biggest fruit tree. As they landed, they each picked a mango for themselves and sat down. "Ahh... this is it. Eating mangoes with my friend and escaping from all of the paperwork." 

    Glory said to herself. "I'm your friend? Not your blah blah bodyguard or whatever?" "No, you're simply more than that." "How much?" "I won't tell you." "Fine." He flew off to pick another fistful of mangoes. Meanwhile Glory was having the time of her life when a crack was heard. "Bringer? Is that you?" She looked around. Suddenly, a sandwing jumped out and clawed her wing. Both. She let out a roar and jumped back, spraying venom against the sandwing's face. 

    It also, let out a roar and soon Deathbringer came over to see what in the world was happening. Very pissed, he set fire on the sandwing. Then luckily, Jambu came over to take over and Deathbringer carried Glory flying to the healers' hut. He saw Glory turning white. But she changed color as if it was on purpose. "Shh... it's fine, don't, you don't need to." Deathbringer comforted her. As if she felt relieved, she turned white. "I didn't know she was in this much pain." He thought. He landed in the healers' hut and laid her down. 

    "What happened?" One of the healers asked. "Assassination attempt." Deathbringer replied. "Oh..." Without a word, he went outside and waited. In about a few minutes, Glory came out, bandaging around her wings. "You okay?" "Yeah." He forced himself a smile.