07 | honor council

seven
honor council.

"GIVEN RECENT EVENTS, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future

"GIVEN RECENT EVENTS, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed."

With that, Alaric grabs his bag and hurries out of the student lounge. Isabelle sits there for a moment, pleased by what he said before notices Rafael coming her way. The girl feels her heart rate speed up at the sight of Lizzie just a few feet away, also coming her way and the blonde jumps up and slips out of the room before either can say a word to her.

She doesn't wanna talk to either of them, because of the kiss she shared with Rafael just a few days ago. And yes, she had liked it, but Lizzie called dibs on Rafael. And she's not about to hurt Lizzie.

Besides, she has something to do. She's supposed to be meeting Landon in Alaric's office to run some tests on him to determine if he's a supernatural being. After Isabelle does his blood tests, Hope and Emma are gonna do some tests to see if his physical abilities are supernatural.

She sits in Alaric's office patiently, playing games on her phone until she hears the door click open and sees Landon walk in. She smiles at him, but he pauses suspiciously when he sees her. "What're you doing here?"

"Dr.S wants me to do your blood tests," Isabelle quips, motioning to the various items she'll be using to draw some of his blood. "I'm probably the most qualified person at the school since I have a perfect score in every science and medical class I've taken so far."

"No."

"What?" The girl deadpans, surprised by the look on his face. He looks like he doesn't trust her, at all. This confuses her, because she hasn't done anything to show that he can't trust her.

"No. These tests determine whether or not I get to stay at the school, right? There is no way I'm putting my future in my hands; you're biased."

"I am not," the Castiel girl scoffs, crossing her arms at him in frustration as a thought dawns on her and she realizes why he thinks that. "But Hope is, and she's my best friend. You seriously don't trust me, because Hope doesn't like you?"

"Yes."

"No," she shakes her head as he walks out the door, attempting to plea with him. "Look, we all want answers about what and who you are. I can get some answers with these tests, if you just bare with me for a couple minutes."

He looks at her hastily before nodding and sitting down. She then pulls a needle out of a package, and sterilizes it with an alcohol wipe. She connects the needle to a tube, that'll direct his blood into a holder.

With steady hands, she presses the needle into his arm, finding the vein immediately. She smirks in triumph as Landon winces. His blood then begins to flow through the tube into the holder, and in a few minutes, they're all done. "I'll test these and let you know how it goes."

With that, she sends him toward Hope and Emma's direction. She does everything she can with the blood samples for now, putting them into various machines in the lab to test them.

But the tests take time, so when she's done all she's able to do for now, she heads to the Saltzman girl's shared room only to find Josie watching Lizzie practice her speech for her honor council victory speech in front of her mirror. Isabelle joins Josie, finding it a bit excessive for the Saltzman girl to be doing this, especially considering she hasn't even been elected yet.

"This is such an honor," the Saltzman girl reads from flash cards, wearing a white button up and black hands with red suspenders and a matching bow tie. "It's so nice to know that you all love me as much as I thought you did."

"Love your confidence, Lizzie," Isabelle admits, grinning at the girl as she plops down on Josie's bed. "Maybe just tone it down a notch or two-"

She trails off as Rafael comes into the room, instantly getting her attention. All three girls glance at him as he greets them. "Hey."

"Welcome to the Winner's circle," Lizzie replies as Josie raises a curious eyebrow at him, all three of the girls knowing about the fact that Jed is probably gonna be elected as the werewolf representative and that the honor council will be voting on Landon's fate.

"How's it going with Jackass Jed?" Josie remarks before turning to Isabelle apologetically. "No offense, Iz, but you're like the only person he's nice to, so..."

"No offense taken," Isabelle whispers, knowing Jed isn't exactly the nicest person in the world. But he's always been kind to her. Rafael glances at Isabelle, silently piecing together why Jed is only nice to her and why the pack is cool with her. Realization crosses his face, followed by hurt that he quickly covers up.

"I'm actually here about Jed," Rafael informs, taking a step closer to Lizzie, who seems excited about the fact that he's here. "Lizzie. You got a sec?"

Isabelle takes notice of the look on his face, knowing something's up and that he needs something from Lizzie. The Saltzman girl, however, doesn't take notice to this, and laughs nervously. "I've got a lot of secs."

Rafael shifts uncomfortably and Isabelle and Josie hold back laughter as Lizzie realizes her mistake and corrects herself. "I mean... time."

"The honor council might get to decide if Landon can stay. Emma won't say how she's gonna vote, but I talked to MG. He's the only vampire running, and he's on board. And because everybody knows that you're gonna get the witch vote, I-"

"Say no more," Lizzie cuts him off as Isabelle begins to drink some of her glacier freeze Gatorade. "I know how much Landon means to you, and I would be happy to help. If you would be happy to be my date to my birthday on Friday?"

Out of shock, the drink goes down the wrong pipe in Isabelle's throat, and she begins to choke quietly. Josie pats her back gently as the girl waves her off, feeling all four of the supernatural being's eyes on her. "Sorry. I'm fine."

"Are you blackmailing me?" Rafael questions, just as surprised as Isabelle that she'd do that. And while this definitely qualifies as blackmailing, Lizzie laughs it off like it's no big deal.

"No, silly. I'm black-tie'ing you. It's totally different."

Rafael thinks this over for a second, looking over at Isabelle, who averts her gaze so she can't make eye contact with him. He plasters a fake smile on his face, but it's clear he doesn't wanna do this. "Sure. Whatever."

Isabelle frowns as Rafael leaves the room without another word. She then campaigns for Lizzie, despite her being furious with the Saltzman girl for being oblivious that she likes Rafael.

When the honor council members are announced, everybody is shocked. The honor council members are Rafael, Kaleb, Josie, Hope, and Isabelle.

Hope and Isabelle were added at the last moment, because neither exactly fall into a specific category since there are no other tribrids and Isabelle's the only known being with angelic blood alive at the moment. Rafael got elected, because he fought Jed and beat him. He then took Jed's place as alpha. Kaleb was elected, because MG was campaigning that he'd get Kaleb freed from the cellar. He's down there, because he was feeding on mundanes from Mystic Falls High and MG snitched on him. The vampires then turned on MG, thinking he's a narc, and voted on Kaleb. And Josie was elected, because her ex-girlfriend, Penelope convinced all of the witches that Josie was a better person for the position than Lizzie.

UNEDITED