Chapter 3

My face burned with embarrassment. I looked down at my bare feet as my long hair fell around my face like it would shield me from their gaze.

"Adriadna, you are such an amusing child. Since you were a small numph you had a habit of speaking what your mind was thinking. That is a great quality. A quality that shines and makes women into heroines." Zeus's low tenor voice said with a grin.

I glanced at his handsome face which had no wrinkles or any age spots. The pictures and statues that were in the temples did not compare to his splendor. I could now understand why he was said to be the most sensual of all the Gods.

"We will leave you and Adriadna alone now; her fate is in your hands." Thetis said to Zeus with a nod of agreement from Egeria and Harmonia. As they walked past me they each gave me a nod, but Thetis gave my hand squeeze and smiled.

When I heard the door behind me echo closed, I swallowed hard, "What do you have in mind for my future, High God Zeus?" I asked in a fearful but firm voice.

Zeus took a few paces forward til he was about a foot away from me. I could feel the warmth radiating from his body... is that how your body was when you are immortal, always warm and never cold?

"Yes, it is." Zeus answered the question I was thinking. I forgot Gods could read our thoughts when in their presences.

 "We Gods are always warm never cold like a corpse, the only down fall of being immortal is that you have a hard time staying faithful..." He said with regret in his voice. He didn't have to explain his history with mortal and immortal women to me. "That is why I have chosen you, to take care of one of my... secrets." He continued, looking me straight in my hazel green eyes.

"I have had affairs with many women... I have produced children from these mortals also. I never cared for any of them I just lusted after them. Except one, her name was Aurelia, I genuinely...cared for her. I watched her from afar and one day I could not contain my want of her. Nine long months later we had a son named, Leonidas. Leonidas was a pure gentle hearted soul, but as he grew older hate grew in his heart. Hate for me, the father who was never there. He believes that the Gods have too much power." Zeus continued and began to pace, I could tell he didn't want me to see how hurt he truly was.

"In the last couple of years he has been promoted to Captain and he is building an army...against the Gods. He is recruiting mystical and powerful creatures from all over the land to come and fight." Zeus angrily continued. "He is my son though... I can't kill my own flesh like my father had tried to do to me, but I will if I must." He stopped pacing and walked toward me. He placed a hand gently on my cheek. "You my kind and gentle Adriadna, Are going to be his second chance. If he does not stop this foolish quest I will have to fight and kill him."

"You want me to convince him to stop." I whispered with understanding. There has never in history been a mortal plot to rebel against the Gods. I was shocked. Zeus smiled and patted my cheek. "How am I going to be able to do that?" I questioned the High God.

"By your cleverness and kindness. Women can be a powerful motivator let alone a seductive nymph. I need him to fall in love with you." Zeus answered as if it was the simplest task in the world. How am I to love a mortal? Well, half mortal anyway.

"How is a man supposed to fall in love with me if I'm not in love with him in the first place?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Love is a mysterious thing, but I will never ask you to love him in return just convince him that you do." Zeus answered with a gleam in his sandy eyes. I didn't question him further I knew that this was the final judgment. I would have to try my best. This was my Destiny. "Now I'm going to transform you into human like form..." he said as he placed his hand on my forehead. My head instantly began to burn with sensations and slowly trickled down my whole body. In a flash it was done. Zeus led me to a mirror hanging on the wall. A gasp escaped my lips as I examined my newly formed human body. My skin was pale and the sharp features in my face were softened, my eyes and hair stayed the same, but my arms were no longer tattooed but clean like a new canvas and I had shrunk in size I was now 5'4 instead of my original 5'8. I was ugly for a nymph but beautiful for a human. I started to grin I was beyond excited to start my journey. I was going to see things most nymphs never saw and feel what nymphs were never meant to feel.

Zeus scanned over my body in approval. "You are now ready. One thing I must tell you is never tell Leonidas that you were sent by me or what I commanded you to do." He placed a golden necklace with a lightning bolt charm around my slender neck. "Here take this. You will point this lightning bolt into the sky when you want to tell me how the progress is." He then held out his staff, "Touch the staff and I will take you to earth where Leonidas's camp site is." My hand slowly lingered over the staff; my destiny would arrive in just one touch. Was I ready? My body answered before my mind, when I placed my hand on Zeus's almighty staff.