Silence

Fear. Yes, that's what it was. Fear. Darkness was surrounding us, drowning us, in its suffocating grip. Howls of pain and anger could be heard from the upstairs room. Father was shouting, Mother was crying, police were yelling...

"What's going on?", my sister said in-between sobs.

"Hush my dear one, nothing is going to hurt you.", "I'm scared.." she whispered. Silence. Deathly silence. Slowly, a door creaked, echoing through the poisoned house. "We-we need to get out-t-t of here", I stuttered, "but what about mommy?", she cried. "HUSH!", I hissed.

Screams, bloody screams bouncing off the walls, sending shivers down my spine. The faster we ran, the louder it became the fear ablaze in our hearts. And we stopped. We were in a hallway now.. Silence. Footsteps arose in a distance, sometimes quick, and sometimes slow. Silence. As we approached a nearby door a foul smell hit us like the death of Aunt June.

Blood. The smell of blood. Stains, decorated the door. Some people might say it looked like an image from a nightmare, and some might say it was an angel warning us to keep away for as there might be demons guarding the gates of hell. Ignoring the screaming messages that the was interpreting to us, we entered.

"I've been waiting for you.", my father said.