Chapter sixteen

I wake up to Brennen knocking on my door. I slowly open my eyes and look at him.

"We're having a movie day today. We haven't hung out lately."

"Okay because tomorrow you're taking me to the studio." I say. He nods and go to the living room. I quickly shower and try not to get my cast wet. I brush my hair and teeth. I go to my room, grab my phone and go into the living room. Brennens on the couch with a movie paused and the lights off.

I sit on the couch and he unpauses the movie. I unlock my phone and go to snap to see a snap from Jake. My heart jumps and I look at the Brennen then back at my phone and open it.

 My heart jumps and I look at the Brennen then back at my phone and open it

I smile wildly and message him.

Me: Really?

Jakey: Really.

Me: What I said was true.

Jakey: Same. Would you like to go on a date? I'd ask you in person but Brennen said you guys were having a movie day.

Me: Of course!

Jakey: Two days from now, I'll pick you up at 5

Me: I'll be ready.

I jump out my seat and look at Brennen he looks at me with concern and curiosity on his face.

"What?"

"I'm going on a date with Jake in two days!" I say.

"Wait really?! I'm so happy for you, Maggie!" He said hugging me. I hugged him back and smiled.

"We can continue movie day sorry just had to ya know." I said he nodded and we sat back down. We watched movies unend.

We watched movies until midnight and we decided to head to bed. Considering I had to be at the studio by 10. I do my night routine and walk into my room. I pull my phone out and send Jake a quick snap.

Me: Goodnight

I locked my phone and put it on the charger.

"Goodnight Bren!" I yelled.

"Goodnight." I heard through the walls.

I wake up to a loud bang. I jump up and trying not to put a lot of pressure on my leg and run to the living room. I run around the corner to see Brennen on the floor groaning with Kobe licking his face.

"What happens?" I asked and he laughed. 

"He tripped me."

"Oh, Colby and I are going to go over to Brooklyn's later. Wanna go?" I asked walking over to Brennen and helping him up. 

"Sure! When?" 

"Two hours." I walk into the bathroom, do my routine and go to my room to get dressed. I grab a black crop top and black jeans. I change, do a little bit of makeup and put my socks on. I grab my black shoes and out my room. 

I sat on my couch and put my shoes on and walked into the bathroom and took my curling iron out an turned it on. I waited a couple minutes then started to curl my hair. When I'm done I turn it off and let it cool down. 

I walked out the bathroom to see Brennen on his phone. I look at my phone to see a message from Colby. 

Colby: be there in 5

"He'll be here in 5." I say walking into my room and grabbing my side purse, with my wallet, and my keys. I walk back out to see Colby talking to Bren.

"Oh I don't have to go to the studio today, Been." I say looking at the message from my manager. He nods and we head out the apartment. I lock the apartment and I lead the way to Brooklyn's apartment. As we approach I hear music.

I stop the boys and tell them to wait. I walk up to the window, which the curtain was slightly open, and see Brooklyn sitting on some guys lap. I open the door run in and slam it shut. I close the curtain in fear of Colby seeing. 

"Brooklyn! What the heck!"

"Oh! Uh," she gets up and walks over to me. "Client."

"In your apartment?! What about Colby! You need to get a different job or something! I can have you hurting one of my best friends! He's like my brother! You can't be doing this!" I yell. Right when I'm done the door swings open and I see Brennen trying to kepp Colby from coming in. 

I sigh and try to control myself. 

"Whos this?" He asks. I can hear the sadness in his voice and my heart drops to my stomach. I walk over to Brennen and he looks at me. 

"Uh Colby. This is my job, I'm a stripper and I have uh no other way of making money to pay my bills." She said looking at the ground. I look at the guy and yell at him.

"Get out!" He jumps up and runs out. I sigh asnd watch the scene unfold. 

"I could've helped you!"

"I don't want tro take yourne money Colby!"

"I swear." I whispered.

We're taking a break! I don't think I can deal with this right now." Colby says turning around and running. Brenner turns and runs after him.

"Colby!"

I look at Brooklyn and she just runs out of her apartment. I sigh knowing she's going to be okay and I close the door to her apartment and lock it with the key she gave me awhile back. I walk to my car and drive to the traphouse.