chapter 2♡

"What are you talking about Ann? We both signed the contract." I said, my voice cracking as I'm about to cry. She lookes up at me like I dont know something, and god do I hate that feeling.

"You dont understand," She whispers. "I ruined everything." She runs her fingers through Cookie's fur. She balls up her hands into fists and kept whispering "I did this, I did this" to herself. " WHAT ANN WHAT DID YOU DO, BECAUSE IM SICK OF NOT KNOWING ANYTHING!" I shouted. She seemed to have pulled herself together. She explained what had happened. The year before, the company came and asked for the store to be handed over to them. Ann refused, as would I. The contract was strict, we were young when we signed it and we had no idea the buisness would become so successful. The company sued us for over 950 thousand dollars because we refused to hand the shop over.

I paced around my living room. I felt like I was going to be sick. I wanted to scream at Ann for not telling me about it.

"We are going to this place, I'm not giving up this store." Ann cried, " Mila this is all I have. You dont understand; you can just paint a picture, sell it and make 400 dollars on it. I DONT HAVE THAT MILA." She yanked my arm and pulled me out of my apartment, down the stairs, out of the complex, and flagged down a taxi.

After a 15 minute silent car ride, we arrived at all Sun Lit Incorporation. I quickly payed the cab driver as Ann pulled me out of the taxi. I looked up at the at-least 10 story building infront of me. I instantly regretted allowing Ann to shove me into a cab and bring me here. This will only make things worse, I thought , We're beyond screwed.

We got off the elevator at the 12th floor. A bright eyed, smiley receptionist sitting behind her desk politely stared at us as Ann stormed off the elevator. " I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE PERSON IN CHARGE HERE!" Ann screamed then took a deep breath. I felt extremely sorry for the innocent girl who had absolutely nothing to do with this but had to take Ann's rath. "Yes, uh, M'am I can arrange that could you, um if you would like please sit." The woman tip toed off and returned with a man. He was about 6'8, he had cool blue eyes , and a muscular build.

He sat down across from me and Ann. He straightened his tie and grinned. "I have been waiting for you" He laughed a sinister laugh and stared into my eyes.

♡ Thank you guys so much so much for all the positive feedback on my first chapter! I apologize so much for taking such a long time! Chapter 3 will be done within few days! LOVE YOU GUYS , M. Keegin ♡