Chapter 3♡

The longer I stared into his eyes the more I realized his cold eyes were more soft and warm. Ann stood up and looked like she was going to scream. "I am Derek Alister." He said, continuing to look into my eyes. I disconnected my stare from his and got to buisness.

   "We're not here to flirt" Ann growled and I threw her a dirty look. "Well, neither am I, Annabeth." He said cooly. I pulled out all of the files.

    I didn't know what to say. I hadn't  ever been in a situation like this before.  The man leaned back in his chair and waited for one of us to say something. I glanced over at Ann and she started asking questions. Could you have warned us you were going to sue? Are you out of your mind? Do you enjoy taking our money even though you don't need it? Can you stop this from happening somehow if we hand it over now? The man responded "No" for each question. Why he wouldn't elaborate on his answers aggravated me.

    He spun his chair to look out the window. "I would never want to upset anyone." He said so innocently I wanted to puke, although I had to laugh at the fact that he does not want to upset us yet he is sueing us.

    "Well, I really don't want to kick you ladies out, but I have a meeting right now," We stood up and walked toward the door. He got there first and held the door for us, smiling. He grabbed a piece of paper from the receptionist's desk and picked up a pen and wrote something down. He grinned and handed the piece of paper that read,
DEREK ALISTER
CELL: 547-3342

     I rolled my eyes reading it and looked up to see him escorting two older men into his office. Ann wasn't paying attention as I recieved the note, instead she was on the phone with her boyfriend Damon, asking him to pick us up. Damon is the typical nerd. He is a barista at Starbucks and a computer technician on the side. He grew up with Ann and I, and we were best friends before I met Ann. Damon is one of my closest friends and he tells me everything. Damon has had Ann's engagement ring for 2 years. Every single time he plans to propose, he backs out because he is afraid Ann will say no.

    After 15 minutes of talking to the perky receptionist who's life couldn't get any better, Damon arrives in his silver volvo. Damon asks a million questions about the company and why they are sueing. I try to block out all the excruciating details about the shop and listen to the loud beeping around us.

    I got home and changed into sweats and a I ♡ New York tee. Thirty minutes into Legally Blonde, the phone rings. I answer it to hear that annoying perky receptionist's voice saying that I left my cellular device at the office and that she just can't wait to see me again! I roll off the sofa onto the floor and groan.