Chapter 20

Before I start the chapter. I just wanna say thank you sooo much. I'm #3 in the Romance category. WTH, I'm literally shaking. That's out of 1.3 million plus books!!!!

Also, I'm #1 in the badass category and #2 in the assassin category. Like are you serious? That's fucking amazing!!! I've never ranked that high in my life in anything I've ever done!!!

So I wanna thank everyone that's read my book and are starting to read it now.

Hope you enjoy the chapter

Blood and Gore Warning. Sorry, I'm sorta brutal. ~

Chapter 20

It sounds like a barrage of machine guns upstairs followed by broke glass. Jackson rushes to a nearby box and hands me a handgun. Checking the magazine it's completely full.

Thanks a lot Henry, I hope you are alive upstairs so I can thank you.

"What the fuck is going on!" Jace yells.

"Shut the fuck up!" I say. I don't have time for his worrying. Jackson quickly unties Jace from the chair.

"Do you have another gun for me?" Jace asks causing Jackson to give him are you serious look

"No," he whispers yells. "We just met and you want me to just toss you a gun."

"Yeah," he says ushering for a gun.

"Stay behind us and stay out of the line of fire." I say while slowly walking up the stairs my gun held close to me with Jackson by my side.

Holding the doorhandle, I put up my fingers and count down the five.

Five, four, three, two and one. Pushing the door open, there are four men with assault rifles in their hands. Jackson and I look at one another and in that second, I knew exactly what he was saying.

Survive

Shooting the two men to our left in the forehead. Jackson shots the two on our right in the same spot causing all four men to fall one by one.

Jackson and I run behind the couch with Jace in tow. His face is full of terror. You're in a mafia, have you never seen anyone be shot in the head before? Gunshots are going off all around the house. I can't tell if it's from us or them.

Looking up from behind the couch. I see about ten guys in the backyard alone. Dammit, we're surrounded and I have no idea where everyone else is at.

"Was Keiko and Brandon home when you left." Jackson nods his head.

"Yeah Keiko was sleeping and Brandon was in his room with some girl." Checking my magazine I had nine bullets total and I already used two. Not to mention I have a pocket knife. This is gonna be interesting.

"Jackson, I'm gonna go upstairs and look for everyone. They most likely need our help." Jackson shakes his head.

"No I'll go," Jackson says. "You can't do it alone." He must not have researched me well enough. I'm the best all-around assassin here.

"Yes, I can and I will." Jumping up from the couch I make a dash for the steps. "Cover me," I yell. The shooters outside must have heard me because a barrage of bullets came my way. Jackson lifts up from the couch and shoots each of them in the middle of their eyes. Fewer bullets come my way with each person Jackson shoots.

"The attic!" he yells. "Go for the attic." Running upstairs I slow my pace when I see someone with a shotgun walking down the hall. He doesn't even notice me. Surveying the area, he's the only one there. Walking up to him pulling out my knife.